Chocolate Huel is scrumptious

Myprotein do a huel replica called whole fuel. There chocolate is really good, tastes like actual creamy chocolate

Will order the huel chocolate one to compare

1 Like

But it has sucrose in it.

Sucrose is just table sugar, it’s in most things to varying degrees.

I think you’re mixing up sucralose and sucrose?

Kind of funny because I feel like you’d notice the difference if it was a genuine reason to avoid it?

@GTIPuG Whoopsie! Typo.

Oh if this is in reference to sucralose, be aware that flavoured Huel contains sucralose too. There’s nothing at all wrong with sucralose - it’s notoriously safe - but if you’re wanting to avoid it for whatever reason, you should be aware.

1 Like

I have to say I’m not impressed by the chocolate premix. For me it tastes like the cheap bulk catering hot chocolate powder we have at work. Quite sweet but also a bit nutty rather than chocolatey.
I think I’m going to be sticking with vanilla and chocolate flavour boost or a spoonful of Whittards or Green & Blacks hot chocolate powder.
I also wasn’t impressed by the coffee premix to be fair. Again, vanilla with a spoon of Lavazza prontissimo seems like a far better coffee flavour.
That’s two underwhelming bags to use up now.

3 Likes

I agree with you @Liath
I thought it tasted like stale biscuits… or dishwater. Or a gone-off kit-kat.
Honestly the worst flavour ever. And doubly disappointing because it’s called ‘chocolate’ and I love everything that is even remotely chocolate (which it’s not)

2 Likes

New testers needed by the sound of it, maybe use some on the forum here to test these things out. Not tried it yet waiting till my next order then I can give my feedback, maybe @ChristinaT can start a new official feedback thread with a poll and we can all add to it when we try it.

I still like it :yum:

Yep, that’s a great idea. You sound like you are the man for the job. I think to grab their attention you have to phone the Huel office and say “tester calls”. Wait til tomorrow when Tim is back and record the conversation.

3 Likes

I will go there personally in a mankini

Borat%20Mankini%2001

It would be good though if we had a team of testers on here though and make sense as we are hardcore Huel users.

2 Likes

Urgh! I feel quite peaky now :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately my latest medication, which is working brilliantly in oh so many wonderful ways, has ruined my appetite, and made drinking huel a complete no no at the moment. I cant even face trying the new chocolate flavour, and these reviews havent done much to help. Maybe prozac contains essence of Borat? :nauseated_face:

1 Like

That’s a bit of a sting in the tail @Wendy_Shepherd. What a shame. What are you surviving on, foodwise?

Hummus and corn thins, or quorn slices’n’pickle sarnies. Granola for breakfast. I go round the supermarket desperately hoping that I will be drawn to something different, but alas not. I even made up a batch of seitan 2 weeks ago, and still have half of that left, and seitan was always a favourite before :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hail Seitan.

2 Likes

The vegan restaurant I used to work in refused to serve seitan precisely because it sounds a bit like Satan. Sigh. One of the reasons I left!!

1 Like

I have never tried seitan. I do use quorn pieces though, they make a nice curry.

1 Like

I expect they refused to serve tofu too because it sounds too much like fucking twats.

4 Likes