Disappointment

Well a big disappointment today, my Birthday. I waited until today to weigh myself hoping for a lovely present, but sadly, I haven’t lost even a pound. I’ve been so good as well. I have been having 3 x 2 scoops and have been told I need more, if that is the case, I would have thought I would have lost something.

Did you weigh immediately after waking up, after using the toilet but before consuming any food or drink?

Yes I did. Not even a sip of water. I am not giving up, just having my second one for the day, a bit late today though.

That’s the spirit :smiley: Happy birthday by the way.

If you’re 100% certain literally all you’ve eaten is 3 x 2 scoops for a week I’m baffled as to how that wouldn’t cause at least some loss, even just water weight. Something odd there.

Have you eaten anything else other than the Huel?

Yesterday I had a small Roast lamb 2 halves pots carrots broccoli. It was the first real food. I had it because I am not having enough cals. but I only had 2 x 2 scoops of Huel. Today I shall do the same as we have leftovers. Don’t worry. I just have to keep going and see what happens.

I see, I guess there’s an imbalance there somewhere then.

Eating less calories than you need will cause weight loss, it’s physics. I guess it’ll just take some time to learn how much food you need.

1 Like

Weight Watchers state that if you don’t eat enough calories, your body will hang onto fat as it thinks you are starving. Maybe that is what it is. It is not possible that the normal food I had yesterday was more than I should have, and the 2 Huel at 304 each would not have taken over the max I need. I am going to have 4 per day next week without real food to see what happens. It’s only cause it’s my birthday that I had real food. Thanks for your time…x

I don’t use huel to lose weight, even though I have a bit to lose, but as I’m not hungry in the morning, to get something healthy inside me. But I find having the huel at about 8am - 8.30 (3 scoops) actually stimulates my appetite for ordinary food - I feel hungrier by 10 than I would if I’d not had it! I eat an ordinary small meal of say, cereal at about 10am which I don’t fancy at 7.30 or 8. I don’t think I’d be able to use huel to lose weight!

Willpower

I don’t claim to understand the science behind it, but from my experience, I lost less fat (and less consistently) when I cut my cals to below 1000kcal than I am eating 1500kcal daily.

I don’t understand it, because like you, I figured: if eat less, my body should burn the energy from my fat stores right? So it must be that it’s the less the better!

Apparently not, but who knows.

P.S. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :smiley: )

1 Like

Oh thank you for that. I weighed again this morning and still exactly the same again. Sounds like nonsense. Anyway, today I am going to have 4 Huel and at the end of the week, if I am still the same I shall run around screaming…LOL

I was taking it over 2 months before I dropped weight but my body composition was changing

1 Like

Well I guess Huel is also used for body builders, to promote muscle with the correct exercise. I had 4 x 2 scoops yesterday and the scales actually moved a fraction today, so hopefully, I have found the right quantity. Yes, I too can feel my body composition changing. My sugar has gone down too so I am very pleased about that. xx

For the last 6 weeks I have been having two meal replacements of 1.5 scoops of huel and then a healthy dinner eg chicken breast and salad. I have lost just under 1 stone in that time. I have also been walking as much as possible and recently added in swimming. Maybe if you slightly reduced the huel scoops it would help?

Happy birthday!!! The first thing you should do is learn about how fat loss really works. This is a great no nonsense guide.

Adherence is key!!! Good luck!!!

1 Like

Thank you for sending me the Fat Loss article. I did download it but deleted it within a few seconds as the language offends me. Sorry.

Oops sorry about that! Please accept my apology! Here’s the polite version!

http://physiqonomics.com/the-best-fat-loss-article-child-friendly-version/

I promise it’s absolutely worth the read!

5 Likes

+1’d for what it’s worth. I just scanned it. Love the style; the jokey attitude makes it less painful for someone like myself to read. As someone who’s been overweight for most of my life & wishes there was an easy fix but knows the reality must be down to what I put into my body & needing to change that, I found it self-consistent, consistent with reality (which is nice), information rich & easy to read. Bookmarked.

To be honest the main reason I clicked on the link was in case it was rubbish; claims of best usually are, but in this case that’s just indicative of the humour.

Oh & it was the child friendly version I read. Virtually no profanity, for anyone put off by that aspect of the language.

3 Likes

Thank you.

OK I shall read it.

1 Like