Errrm, Huel Poop

I can assure you that this forum is full of stories from people who love this “healthy” product, it’s really not about hype or advertising for us

1 Like

I heard you got paid 27p to say that.

Huel is a high fibre food, so is often not seen as suitable for people suffering with IBS. However, there are Hueligans with IBS who find Huel really helps. It varies from person-to-person.

Weirdly I’ve been bunged up the last couple of weeks for some reason, I haven’t done anything differently and have the same Huel diet I had before. Even pushed myself to drink more water, every morning at 7am before going to work I was regular. Will have to try some Phillips milk of magnesia before bed and hope for an eruption in the morning. Getting a bit of chest pain and suspect it’s to do with that and maybe trapped wind.

I’ve been using Huel for the past few months now without much problem. I started slowly on one Huel a day, then went to two, then added a Huel bar. Everything was fine until last week. I went on holiday and didn’t have any Huel for the week. When I got back I went straight back to my previous level. It turns out that was a big mistake. I spent all last night “Huelling the porcelain”. Tonight it has been the gas, the whole house stinks! My wife is not amused. I on the other hand find it hilarious. I may be sleeping in the spare room tonight.

5 Likes

Yep Holiday-goers beware

1 Like

I have started off on Huel with two scoops mixed with water and managed to sh!t my bed the other night in my sleep. Needless to say, it took a lot of effort and three loads in the washing machine at 2am and a fist full of wet wipes to clear things up!! Is it that Huel is not for me - which would be a shame!!

1 Like

Beware the wrath of Greta!

@Wendy_Shepherd how’s the Hueling going? Haven’t seen you around here for a while!

That sure was a lot of pooping…

The hueling is somewhat intermittent at the moment, wish I could do at least one a day, but my body is really wanting savoury and crunchy foods right now, so Hull just doesn’t fit. I do sometimes make one when I’m at work and there is nothing else, but at home I very rarely have huel these days. I’m not sure if it’s down to the most recent change in medication or what, but my diet could certainly do with a big nutritional improvement. I’m living off gf pasta with red pesto and green olives these days, and bread, which does not agree with me if I have more than one or two slices a day. Anyway, how are you? I pop my head in here sometimes, but the atmosphere seems to have changed. Plus, at 50, my opinions are not woke enough to be web-worthy. Odd, because I always considered myself pretty progressive, but we seem to be walking headlong into Orwell’s 1984 - no need for blindfolds, nobody ever looks up from their phones these days anyway!

4 Likes

Have you tried a fine entry forward and inverted bell shape aft? that could do it.

Glad it’s not just me. You’ve summed this up perfectly.

I’m visiting maybe once a week instead of my previous twice a day.

3 Likes

Noone has a sophisticated sense of humour any more. I blame @gtipug for starting the trend :wink:

1 Like

Duh. “Auto-correct” strikes again. :roll_eyes:

I find this offensive, it is my god given right never to be offended EVER for any reason. And you have violated that right.
Winter is coming, the snowflakes are here.
If we can keep this a millennial only space please.

1 Like

Are you quoting from the Web-user’s Guide to the 21st Century (super-woke edition), by any chance? I’m sure I’ve heard that somewhere before…

3 Likes

I’ve informed the thought police. They’re on way to take you to the reeducation camps. We’ll soon have you up to date on 21st century.

3 Likes

Just used to feel a lot more like a community. More regulars, more excitement, more interaction with the staff and less mundane boring questions being asked. You learned something. You came here, interacted with people you never knew yet grew fond of, but still went away feeling like you’d gained something.

Felt like somewhere you wanted to check every day to see what you’d missed. You’d leave a tab open on your phone constantly to keep an eye out for new threads. You’d pay attention to the badges and for some reason, actually care which ones you’d acquired.

Now it’s just awful puns, euphemisms, over-asked questions, questions that could have been answered with a simple Google search, people who post one thread full of misery and never comment again and a few mundane journals/logs.

There was a fantastic journal written and maintained by @jeffy89, but she was “asked” to call it a day after so many posts. It died around that time here and hasn’t been the same since.

5 Likes

I like it here, but I wasn’t around in the old days back when it was all fields. I think most social networks (which this absolutely is) have an exciting phase while they’re fresh and have a small, tight-knit community.

I’ve read a lot of that journal and it does seem weird that it was shut down. It was very “warts and all” but there was nothing particularly contentious.

5 Likes