For the Schmuel-curious

For “Schmuel” revision VII, I cut the pure “Schmuel” powder with some of its constituent ingredients that I already had in my pantry…

500ml water + 1 scoop “Schmuel” powder + 1⅛ scoop Organic Pea Protein Powder + ⅞ scoop Organic Soy Flour + ⅜ scoop Golden Ground Linseed + a killer experimental secret spice I’ve chosen to play close to my chest and keep closed-source for the time being ;¬)

This batch having only ⅓ of whatever emulsifying agent is blended in the premixed “Schmuel”, the consistency this time is that of whole dairy milk. Plus, I only used water — no soy milk — this time.

With only ⅓ of the sweetener and vanilla of every other hack so far, the taste of this batch is best described as — exactly what I’d always imagined people mean when they describe the flavor of Rosa Lab’s Soylent 2.0 asneutral”.

The two words that best describe the sweetness of this hack, are natural and subtle. The two words that best describe the vanilla flavor — just barely.

I was pleasantly surprised that adding the straight pea protein powder didn’t make for a stronger taste of pea protein! The soy flour added no discernible taste either. If either of them did bring anything to the flavor table, my “secret spice” did a killer job of neutralizing them on their way past my taste buds.

This is my favorite “Schmuel” hack so far. The reasons are 1) this one’s the most nutritionally personalized of them all so far. And 2) The Soylent 2.0-like neutralness.