Huels ingredients...are they all natural?!?

wish there was a list of all organic ingredients needed to go quite a way beyond daily nutritional requirements. Then we could source all the ingredients ourselves and create whatever ratios we want.

Your reasoning about natural vs artificial is unjustified in my opinion. You’re even sensitive to the wording which is a strong bias flag to me. I can totally relate to this type of thinking as I was part of such a holly mother nature logic a couple of years ago. But please make a bit of room for things you may do not yet know of, and consider that ALL artificial things cannot be bad for EVERY purpose and ALL natural things cannot be good for EVERY purpose also. I can elaborate but please tell me that I don’t have to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if this points you in the right direction, but it is a useful site with lots of information:

DIY soylent

There is information on organic ingredients, a ratio calculator, hundreds of recipes, etc.

1 Like

that’s brilliant! thankyou!

Hm, I never thought about that; I actually was impressed by the various certificates published on the site. (To give credit I think the same about the huel website). As for who makes what, I have been considering Nutberg but I am not sure on the information they provide on their website so currently no-no unfortunately.

1 Like

Thankfully, trolls are not to be found in nature…

“Nature is not on our side. Most of it is trying to kill us. Nature
abounds with neurotoxins, carcinogens, starvation, violence, and death.
It is technology that makes our lives so comfortable. We have a
responsibility to protect the environment, but it feels no such
responsibility for us. Technological innovations should be thoroughly
tested and verified to be safe, and they are. Besides being an arbitrary
distinction, being “natural” is absolutely no guarantee of safety,
usefulness, or practicality. Today it is often the opposite. I think
it’s a little weird to eat food that comes from a tree. Do we still use
leaves for clothing? Like diet, balance is key. I am glad to drink
fluoridated water for the same reason I prefer the natural sky. It’s
healthier.”
Rob Rhinehart, In Defense of New Food.

3 Likes

Oh my God. Please read this back to yourself. Weird eating things off trees, we protect the environment but it feels no responsibility for us. In defence of New Food. Thanks for posting. Very Orwellian of you. I’m glad I drink fluridated water!!! Haha…wow…protecting the New food for the New world right? My point was that artificial is not bad but is always made with the image of the original in mind closely replicating it but not quite. It should never precede words like vitamins, water, air, food.

This is one of the worst statements I’ve read in a while and it’s pretty scary considering he’s a guy selling Soylent and is on the path to making “Future food”. I don’t think Huel would have an affinity with this statement. Well I sure hope not.

There is nothing wrong with agreeing with nature and realising the wool has been pulled over your eyes for many years. Fluoridated water makes bones brittle was first used by the Nazi’s in drinking water as it calcifies the pineal gland and makes you docile. My dentist agrees now that fluoride is bad…I use to ask 10 years ago and was told differently.

Natural is no guarantee of safety?

probably not if you put your hand through the cage of a lion, or put 20 scorpions down your jeans but in terms of natural vitamins developed over millions of years by the plant kingdom…yes they are.

This statement isn’t in defence of new food it’s a rip into nature and to keep you clear of it’s hazardous and evil ways so that you’ll carry on accepting and consuming. Why would they want you to grow your own food when they can do it for you in the wrong way and charge you? A few places in America are starting to make it illegal to grow your own food, burning down people’s front gardens, ask yourself why? or have bought things in like rain tax all for the benefit of humanity of course.

People like Rob want your money want to be the middle man between you and nature so they can supply you with things which you could usually get for free if we weren’t to scared of nature that is…This statement will fade out of mass consciousness because it isn’t needed and isn’t for us and therefore not for the planet. Think about it. Would you read this back to your kids? I know I wouldn’t…It’s not the future I want for them.

Most of nature is not trying to kill us, bananas aren’t dangerous neither is fruit…I honestly can’t believe this guy Rob…If the majority of Ceo’s think like this (a lot of them do as capital gains outweigh environmental ones) our world will be doomed. we need to stop looking at statements like this and siding in with company men who don’t have the worlds interest at heart but rather bring out a paragraph like this to turn you against it so you’ll agree and and live in the future with a microchip under your arm a meal in a can screaming how free you are.

I don’t think you’ve helped Huel with this statement if that was your intention.

This is not in defence of anything including new food. It’s just the babbling of a narcissistic sociopath.

Please send me some more like this…I’m pretty interested…I really didn’t realise how bad it’s got…scary.

Nothing wrong with holy mother nature logic…better than corporation logic with nobodies interest in mind apart from gain and destruction I suppose.
In a time like this when she’s crying out she needs listening to really. I didn’t say all artificial things are bad…clothes aren’t. Technology when used in the right way isn’t…they help or add to the original…artificial vitamins do not. Your body has no use for them and for some people it’s their only form of vitamin. Doctors use to recommend smoking too people back in the 50’s and have said fluoride is safe don’t let them convince you of this too. Adding them to 6 healthy natural ingredients doesn’t make sense to me.

Artificial things are not bad…but when they are made to mimic something in nature they usually very much are.

I’m not a troll at all mate. I bought Huel for 3 months 8 months ago and started to question the ingredients and it’s source recently and must have touched a nerve as 3 reps from Huel showed up to try and plug the hole in the dam. I don’t think it can be a complete food for people to live off if it’s partly artificial. We wouldn’t live off it if it were 100% synthesised vitamin supplement(well I hope not) so why accept 30%, 10% or 5%. Huel have been upfront and have a good product but personally to call it a complete food is very questionable.

I don`t see a problem with the synthesised vitamins, I have been vegetarian and now vegan for ages, that is the safest route to make sure everything is provided to my body.

As for Rob`s thoughts, I do find them scary, however, I do not see Huel having the same approach.

1 Like

It’s a good little paragraph that could be used as a CEO/MP/company tester around the world. If they agree to it we’ll know they’re not with us and are very much against us.:wink:

fair enough.For me It’s not the safest route just a widely available one we’ve been told is healthy.

It is not nature that created vaccines, man did. Man-made is not the same as bad. Synthetic is not by default bad. GMO vegetables are not nutritionally different from organic vegetables. I would rather put my health in the hands of science than rely on ‘logic’ and live on bananas. Fruit was not ‘developed’ over millions of years. Evolution is not development and there is no inherent purpose to evolution. Some fruit is poisonous, it was not ‘developed’ to feed anyone. You have not supplied one solid, rational argument backed up by any empirical evidence.

4 Likes

wow…that is a mind blowing statement…scary.
Rob Rhinehart basically says the same in the statement above.
It’s weird that i’m the outsider biggin up nature on a future food website. ironic as fook.

“Our bodies have developed over millions of years to accept vitamins and minerals from plants and fruits, replicating it in a lab is not the same for obvious reasons.”

Please, I would love to see some evidence of this.

“Its a raw food lifestyle, getting 80% of carbs from fruits. Most animals on the planet do it.”

Humans also have very different digestive systems to most animals on the planet, for example we can’t digest cellulose.

“The same people pushing this ratio have got to be the same people with investments in the food and pharma industries. These statements pushed in our society are not for the benefit or health of all but usually the gains of a few.”

Ok, everything’s a conspiracy.

“how do you think the body distinguishes between ‘fake’ and ‘real’ vitamins?”

It can’t if they’re chemically identical.

“your body can definitely “feel” the difference anyhow”

Really? Placebo effect?

“I always knew microwaves were bad but used them anyway.”

Ok.

“I now eat around 18+ bananas a day, a couple frozen mangos(tastes just like ice cream)”

I’m sure Neolithic man had access to frozen mangos.

“We’re made up of 70+% water so why not eat food with 70+% water.”

We’re also made up of 1.5% Calcium. Assuming the conservative estimate that we eat 1000g of food a day, we would be eating 15g of Calcium, almost 8 times more than the daily upper limit (2 - 2.5g).

“For me statistics are all wrong just do what feels good, right for you and readily available to you in terms of fruit.”

Well then you can’t use statistics to back your own arguments then.

“…natural vitamins developed over millions of years by the plant kingdom”

The purpose of evolution wasn’t to create the perfect world for humans though.

“…bananas aren’t dangerous neither is fruit…”

Actually almonds are pretty poisonous.

In fact if there’s a conspiracy, it’s the “health food” industry selling new diets like the emperors new clothes. You see “natural food bars” in the supermarket that contain 30% sugar by weight, which I’m sure aren’t that healthy…

e.g. http://www.eatnatural.co.uk/bars/milk-chocolate-with-peanuts-and-cranberries/

One final point, there is evidence our gut bacteria (microbiome) has a large role in how we digest food - Julian have you considered adding probiotics to Huel? Also are there any studies of how the human microbiome changes when switching to a Huel/Soylent only diet?

6 Likes

man…some of you guys are actually mental…I have to prove to you that nature is better!!!obviously there is gonna be “proof” that synthetic vitamins are the same for you because the same people carrying out the test are the same people selling you them. You just joined an hour ago like durandal did.

A swift call from Julian I suppose. I like the way you address him…it’s almost like you know him quite well with a cheeky little question towards him at the end to throw us off.

Wow…it very much is a self protecting system on many levels. It’s really opened my eyes to some of the problems we face here and one major one is health. I just didn’t realise.

The entire scientific community must have a hidden agenda. Thousands of scientists must be in on the conspiracy. Big pharma will be the end of us all.

You’re not posting any evidence or rational argument so it’s really hard to have a discussion. You’re just calling us mental and saying you can’t believe what we’re saying because it’s ‘scary’. Best evidence rules, so bring your evidence to the table and we can have a discussion. Don’t blame Julian for people wanting to argue with you. It’s natural for people wanting to call someone out on the flaws of their logic.

2 Likes

If you provided compelling evidence, I would happily change my opinion.

What evidence would I have to provide to convince you that chemically identical synthetic vitamins have an identical effect?

Also this isn’t another conspiracy, I don’t know Julian and he certainly didn’t ask me to join.

1 Like

"It is not nature that created vaccines, man did. Man-made is not the same as bad. Synthetic is not by default bad. GMO vegetables are not nutritionally different from organic vegetables. I would rather put my health in the hands of science than rely on ‘logic’ and live on bananas. Fruit was not ‘developed’ over millions of years. Evolution is not development and there is no inherent purpose to evolution. Some fruit is poisonous, it was not ‘developed’ to feed anyone. "

" It’s natural for people wanting to call someone out on the flaws of their logic."

thought I’d start stringing them together for you.

It is very scary…people not only rejecting nature but saying it’s out to kill us and making us fearful of it is something else.

Best evidence doesn’t rule, when its mainstream and when you don’t know what the lie and truth is any more.

believe what you want.My arguments certainly aren’t irrational just for health not the destruction of it.

In all honesty…Considering ever since we both took our first breath on this planet we have both been inherently part of nature from that moment, whether we like it or not, I would like proof that artificial vitamins are just as good or even better than nature as they come second to nature…and surprise…surprise…there is going be loads of evidence…why?..the “scientists” aren’t going to say artificial sweeteners, vitamins etc are bad from you when you find it in most food and drink products these days.

Who’s going to stand up to a billion dollar company, who’s gnp might be more than a small countries and have their say and go against the grain…losing there funding and job along the way…easier to conform and carry on.

Anyhow, There’s loads of evidence of synthesised vitamins being bad for you. Just search for it. It’s a 7 year old post so like I’ve said people have known it for years.