Intermittent Fasting

Hi All,

Been taking HUEL for a while now but am going to use it with 16:8 intermittent fasting. Has anyone tried this before and if so what was your regime? how long did you go between HUEL’s?

I need to do all my eating between 12-8pm and avoid the evening munchies! :grimacing:

23:1 works, so it is very likely 16:8 will work as well.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m doing 16:8 at the moment with a mix of Huel and other foods - doing 11-7 so almost the same. running a small calorie deficit and light cardio. Down 12kg in 14 weeks of doing this without much effort. I change the percentage of calories from Huel every week 40-80% roughly.

1 Like

Thats pretty much my plan Phil.

How long do you leave in between meals? 2-3 hrs?

yes I space them out pretty evenly and just have light snacks in-between if I need them.

1 Like

16-8 is pretty much my norm. Usually one or two Huel meals per day plus whatever I fancy eating. Suits me fine.

2 Likes

I quite like intermittent :facepunch: ing

1 Like

Fasting might make your day, but what you said will make your whole week.

1 Like

I did 16:8 for a long while. I found that 11am-7pm worked best for me.

Initially the 9-11 phase was hard, but eventually you realise that just because you are hungry, you don’t necessarily need to eat.

I only stopped when I upped my training intensity and found that getting to 3k calories in 8 hours was too much of a challenge. Nowadays I end up at a natural 14/10.

I didn’t intentionally go for intermittent fasting, just sort of drifted into it naturally. I tend to feel much better if I have my last meal around 6pm. There are occasional blips but in general I stick to my routine.

2 Likes