Introducing... Huel Instant Meal Pots 🎉

Noodles didn’t get along too well with our current scoop format, thus the Huel Pot was born!

Why do Huel Instant Meal Pots contain Lycopene, when it was removed from Huel white v3.1?

You can relax, H&S instant meals are going nowhere.

Noodles didn’t get along too well with our current scoop format, thus the Huel Pot was born!

2 Likes

Uh… going nowhere - Wiktionary, the free dictionary

That’s not “easy” for most people - it’s messy, fiddly, and not easily done in a busy work kitchen.

I take the spirit of your post but I think you’re playing devil’s advocate for the sake of it.

I set the bar for easy-to-make food as: Scoop some powder out of a bag, into a container, add water, shake.

Adding some spice you like (pepper, paprika, …) and salt to make it savoury should not transform the above step from easy to difficult.

1 Like

And we are not removing that option.

1 Like

If I set up a crowd funder, how much would I need to raise for Huel to close this forum down?
I don’t have the discipline to stay off it but fq me what a thing it has become.

1 Like

Let’s stay on topic please.
(but, enough for me to retire)

2 Likes

Huel has profitability goals. Expanding to new markets is probably part of achieving those goals. This is overall a great and sensible addition to the Huel product range. It doesn’t take anything away from existing customers. The money’s got to come from somewhere, and there isn’t much room to raise prices on the powders or H&S, so expanding is the only direction Huel can really go.

5 Likes

@amie_huel can you reassure us on this? thanks.

Retail. Imagine this next to pot noodles in Sainsburys

Yep agreed, I’ve been waiting for this. It’ll mean consistent meals (which I never got from the pouches) and also it’s just easier.

ÂŁ25 minimum order though, cripes.

2 Likes

I wish Huel would destroy retail, not join them.

from one pedant to another, chapeau!

So, no chance noodles on bags?

This won’t go so well with the climate cult nut jobs

1 Like

It’s one of the reasons JimmyJoy stopped producing pots and moved fully to pouches for their meals.

1 Like

Retail creates jobs. Okay, jobs without purpose, bullshit jobs, but some people just want to earn money to make ends meet, and in principle there is nothing wrong with that.

Regarding lycopene, I have posted a link to an article from Huel where they explain the health benefits, including literature references, that come from it. This article was still on their website when they announced that they removed it. Lycopene is visible, and maybe turns some customers off optically if it is in a shake. And removing it lowers production costs.

When aiming at a mass market the latter point is important.

Huel is not about nutrition - Huel is about business. Business is about attracting as many customers and as many orders as possible.

But that is nothing wrong - it’s not a religion or some charity to improve the world or make life easier and healthier. It is about maximizing profits. That’s just the way our economy works.

1 Like

Nope. The noodles don’t scoop. I have the scoop on that from @Tim_Huel

2 Likes

Sorry Amie is waiting for a reply from me on this. I was trying to get the exact number for her but I can’t find it, I’ve asked the team so will get back to you tomorrow.

In short, Recyclable cardboard can have a layer of plastic up to 5% which keeps it from absorbing moisture and maintain it’s recyclability. So when you see cardboard in this format (i.e. holding liquids) that says it’s still recyclable it’s because there’s a very small layer of plastic protecting. So long as the layer is less than 5% then it’s fine to be recycled (waiting for that number but tbf @Phil_C probably knows).

Hope that makes sense. The cardboard pots can be recycled in your regular stream. Just give them a rinse to help them on it’s way!

Edit: If the plastic lining is 5% or less of the total weight of the cup - then it is possible to send it to standard paper recycling. This pot has a 5% plastic layer.

7 Likes