Lost some credibility

Have to hold my hands up on that one, this is much more of what I was hoping to see. Thanks for the link!

I blame iodine deficiency

1 Like

@Fredi_Yates we have a lot of problems with out food chain, nasties are added to our food and lots of people donā€™t even know. So we added a list of some of the nasties that we refused to add. These are all real things that are added to food which is out in the marketplace.

The about Huel page is in the footer the main, whereas the Nutrition and comprehensive and in the main navigation.

We know and you know that Huel is vegan but we get asked all the time does Huel contain milk, lactose, animals products, whey, is it vegan, etc, etc. So lots of people donā€™t know Huel is vegan.

3 Likes

Iā€™d pay extra for Huel: Beaver Anus Flavor Edition. Especially with a little cute cartoon beaver on the bag, giving a cheeky wink.

4 Likes

So you are basically saying that you base your lifestyle choices around vocabulary and if you see a piece of terminology you are not too keen on you base your opinion of the product on that, then proceed to complain about it on the forum?

Donā€™t think there is a reasonable response for that logic.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a bit like refusing to eat Walkers Crisps just because you donā€™t like Gary Lineker.

1 Like

I am not the OP, but Iā€™ll weigh in:

Iā€™d argue that this forum is for such discourse. Good, bad, whatever, this discourse was set aside so that people can weigh in on Huel. Just because the impression may be negative doesnā€™t preclude it from being allowed on the forum. This forum, as well as others, are full of critiques, jokes, testimonials, suggestions. I donā€™t think it fair to judge which you think are worthy of others to post.

Iā€™ll further comment, ā€œSo you are basically saying that if you see a post you are not too keen on you proceed to complain about it on the forum? Donā€™t think there is a reasonable response for that logic.ā€

1 Like

Why are we still discussing this nonsense?

5 Likes

Too much time on our hands now that we donā€™t have to spend time on food prep, cooking, washing up (
maybe)

2 Likes

I donā€™t really think it is generally good to see negative or uneducated criticism where it is not deserved on such trivial things in a complete thread of its own. I said nothing on worthiness or if it is allowed or not so letā€™s ignore that partā€¦
It is pretty bad for business, especially when would be buyers commonly base their opinion on the product by reading the forums. OP isnā€™t looking for others opinions or input specifically either, just looks like a general dig that would have been better if informally brought up.
But you can also start a threadā€¦ Which you are completely allowed to do, and get moaned at by prudes like me, the internet goes onā€¦ HUElHUElHUEl.

Hi Fredi, Iā€™ve been using Huel for a few days now, and Iā€™ve had no ill effects what so ever, and I cannot believe how very healthy I feel. Iā€™m stunned. I meant to use it to suppliment my diet because Iā€™m underweight and donā€™t bother to feed myself often enough, but now Iā€™m even more lazy to shop and cook and prepare food because I can just make up a Huel meal instead, LOL. Seriously, I LOVE the stuff, but I like sweet, so I add a teeny bit of Stevia, and Iā€™m scoffing thick vanilla milk shakes all day.

1 Like

Well personally I couldnā€™t give a crap about going vegan, not even a little bit I donā€™t find Veganism as a philosophy very coherent but at the same time I came to Huel because it is a nutritionally complete product based on oats which will help me fulfill my lifestyle aims.

Iā€™ll still be eating chicken breast etc. on occasion and weekends are huel free.

In reference to the original query itā€™s interesting to see that people are searching for Castoreum and Pink Slime so it probably is worth using those terms.

You could probably drill down a bit further with Keyword Planner.

Although Iā€™m not strictly a vegan Iā€™m glad that Huel has stuck to being a vegan product. I find elements of the vegan movement overly sentimental and a bit cringeworthy, but I think that ethically a vegan lifestyle is a pretty positive thing to adopt.

1 Like

Honestly I think it was probably mentioned because Huel looks a bit too good to be true, and because many vegans like myself are tired of being told something appears to be vegan, (even by the companies themselves), only to find that actually there is something in it that isnā€™t ok, that you would never have guessed was in itā€¦by which time you have already consumed it. So if you know vanilla flavouring is potentially a problem, you follow it up. If red colouring is potentially a problem, you follow it up. Especially with new products you donā€™t often just trust that they know what theyā€™re doing when it gets branded as vegan. Iā€™m not the only person I know who is like this.

2 Likes

I canā€™t help but see the beaver posing, looking back at us over its shoulderā€¦ exactly where the wink is located is down to taste, ahem.