Lower Protein Version of Huel?

And being half the size it would need less packaging making it more eco-friendly :wink:

1 Like

I came on here this morning, looking to see if there any talk of a higher protein / lower carb variant of huel, as I’m on a 100% huel diet but adding 3 scoops of whey per day, which is great for upping the protein, but still getting 150-180g of carbs per day when ideally I would like to be at 120g

I would love a keto/low carb Huel also

Lower? People actually want that? I often add a little extra protein to my Huel shakes.

1 Like

Is all protein created equal? No—not all protein has the same effect on your kidneys. Our kidneys appear to handle plant protein very differently from animal protein. Within hours of consuming meat, our kidneys rev up into hyperfiltration mode, dramatically increasing the kidneys’ workload. This is true of a variety of animal proteins—beef, chicken, and fish appear to have similar effects. But an equivalent amount of plant protein causes virtually no noticeable stress on the kidneys. Eat some tuna, and within three hours, your kidney filtration rate can shoot up 36 percent. But eating the same amount of protein in the form of tofu doesn’t appear to place any additional strain on the kidneys.

Why does animal protein cause the overload reaction while plant protein doesn’t? Researchers discovered that after giving subjects a powerful anti-inflammatory drug along with animal protein, the hyperfiltration response disappeared, suggesting the hyperactive response was triggered by inflammation