Maltodextrin amount in Huel?

How much maltodextrin (as a carrier etc.) does Huel contain?
I’ve searched the forum, but have not found any amounts.
I’m also curious why this ingredient isn’t on the label…

From this page - https://uk.huel.com/pages/how-huel-and-the-huel-ingredients-are-produced
“Spray-drying production starts with the mixing, dissolving and homogenisation of the MCTs and a maltodextrin carrier solution to create a suspension solution. Maltodextrin carriers are widely used in food production, forming a protective layer to encapsulate the MCTs’ properties.”

From James C:

[quote=“JamesCollier, post:4, topic:6577”]The carrier of the micronutrient blend is maltodextrin. But the amounts in Huel are so low that we were advised not to add maltodextrin to the ingredients list to avoid confusing the consumer. When components of food are included in such low amounts there is not a legal obligation to put them on. We felt that this confused confusers to think we used maltodextrin as a source of carbohydrate.
[/quote]

3 Likes

What the what

2 Likes

He was very drunk when he wrote it.

4 Likes

giphy%20he%20wanted%20you%20to%20think%20he%20was%20drunk

Ahh that’s great, thanks guys!

Hi Hunz

When did I write this?

EU vit blend carrier is not maltodextrin; it’s coconut flour. There is a tiny minute amount as a sub-carrier, for, eg, vit B12.

There is some maltodextrin as a carrier for the two fat powders, but the total inclusion in Huel of all components is around 0.4%

*edit just re-read the ‘Hi Hunz’ bit - sounds a bit … familiar!

3 Likes

It was in this thread Jimmy :slight_smile: @JamesCollier

2 Likes

That was in reference to v2.2 - an old version; different info now.

2 Likes

No flies on Jim-boy! :wink:

1 Like

Jimmy Joy Boy, perhaps.

Isn’t there still a small amount of maltodextrin though James? @JamesCollier

1 Like

0.4% he said!

3 Likes

So he did…I scanned it and missed that (I Must be drunk). That’s very low but higher than I expected.

2 Likes