MIgraines?

Hello all!.. I’ve found the huel revolution & it’s not been the best start.

I started yesterday with 2 shakes for breakfast & lunch + an oat bar + 2L of water, but the weirdest thing happened, I got the migraine of champions (which I never get) and soon as I got home I went straight to sleep for 12 hours. (It also made me very tired)

I will try again after the weekend as I love the ease of huel, anyone had the same? HELP.

What was your diet like before e.g. were you eating a lot of sugar or drinking a lot of caffeine?

Did you go with vanilla or u/u Huel?

I had a massive migraine the first day I tried Huel but not really sure if it was the Huel or just coincidence. I’ve not had any headaches of any sort since that first day.

I did follow the “loading” protocol of building up my intake of Huel and am now on 3 servings of 124g of Huel a day.

“We recommend that when you start Huel, you first try replacing 1 meal with Huel, and then after a while (approx. 3-5 days) you could progress to replacing 2 of your daily meals (and then 3, 4, etc. if you want to go 100% Huel). This will allow your body to slowly adjust to Huel.”
-https://huel.com/pages/how-to-use

So my diet was shocking, sandwichs, coffee & chocolate was lunches… breakfast was jam on toast! I went with vanilla, I did consider it may have been the lack of coffee & sugar!

1 Like

I think you’re right, slow & steady will win the race… I’ll just have huel for lunch & build up!

1 Like

Yes, it could be the sudden lack of sugar, although I’m surprised it came on so quickly. I’d keep having sugar and caffeine each day but lower the amount until it’s minimal/none or whatever you feel is best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan, I’ll be back on “mission huel” Monday… I’ll just have 1 meal & stick with coffee & sugar. Wish me luck, I’ll come back on Monday evening with an update.

1 Like