Myprotein "Whole Fuel"?

Just added sugars though. I forget the proper science around it but I seem to remember a nutritionist telling me that it’s important to take the amount of fibre and protein into account along with sugar content itself - because the fibre/protein will affect how the sugars are absorbed into the body. As in, added sugar or very high sugar is bad, but sugar with fibre/protein is not so bad.

Even more good news then seems though the fibre and protein is very high, plus there are 0 added sugars anyway and on top of that even if they were added sugars the recommended limit would have been 90 grams for the day and 2000kcal of whole fuel gives 20, so still low low sugar

1 Like

I’m going to hang fire on trying this as I’ve a tonne of Huel but would be interesting to hear opinions if anyone here decides to give it shot soon. As a massive fan of the taste, consistency and texture of Huel (Thick - 425ml water per 125g), it’s got alot to live up to.

Does rice syrup not count as added sugar?

Also, it is missing the coconut fat.

But apart from that, it looks pretty good.

1 Like

Also, it only works out as marginally cheaper than Huel. With the 25% code they mention at the bottom of the page, that’s £11.99 for 1kg. Huel costs £45 for 3.5kg, which works out at £12.86 per kg, and if go for the 8 bags per month subscription it costs just £10.61 per kg, making Huel the cheaper option for those on that subscription plan.

And to think I only got a C in Maths GCSE :grinning:

3 Likes

Actually if you compare the largest Whole Fuel amount (5kg) at £35.99 (£47.99 with the 25% discount) to 8 bags of Huel (14kg) at £148.50 (the price after the subscription discount) you get £7.20 per kg for Whole Fuel and £10.61 per kg for Huel. Which also excludes the minor differences in caloric content (in Whole Fuel’s favour).

6 Likes

Ah, I didn’t see the 5kg option. Thanks for the information.

I decided to try this out, after running out of Huel and due to financial reasons couldn’t justify spending more on it for the time being. So, I bought the Vanilla version of this product (didn’t see other flavours) and it just doesn’t compare to the taste/texture of Huel unfortunately. The Vanilla taste is way too strong in my opinion. I had some of the Huel toffee flavouring left and tried it with this product, it just didn’t work.

4 Likes

Its worth noting, anyones review on here of whole fuel tasting superior or inferior is totally worthless

Mainly because it relates to taste, which is so subjective and no two people are the same, so deciding to not try whole fuel for your self based on someone saying THEY PERSONALLY dont like it AS much as huel is silly as it is someone elses personal taste, not yours

The price is cheap enough to warrant anyone trying it their self, its a mere 15.99 for a kilo at its most expensive, if you dont like it as much as huel you havent lost anything, if you do like it as good or even more than huel then thats great as you have found yourself a substantial monthly saving

1 Like

Whilst I agree with you for the most part - I wouldn’t call people’s opinions as worthless. Prime example has been the flavour/consistency /composition changes with Huel as a result of user feedback.

As long as people realise that all opinions are just that - opinions - then I’m grateful for those who do take the time.

2 Likes

I mean… near enough any review on Amazon or elsewhere is a matter of subjectivity. What you’re saying would suggest they’re all useless. And Michelin Star restaurants are just given that status due to the personal taste of some critics, therefore those reviews are useless and should be entirely ignored.

Or maybe - just maybe - people who read posts here are more likely than the average person to like Huel, and as such are more likely to have similar tastes. As such, the chances someone on here’s review of Whole Fuel would be applicable to others is higher than you give it credit for.

4 Likes

No it’s not.

1 Like

Well about 15 quid if you wanna quibble, which I do.

2 Likes

Disagree entirely

Reviews on amazon are worth reading when relating to a products robustness. So products like clothing, electrical items etc reading how well they hold up after use, any faults that may occur etc, very useful to read reviews

On items of personal taste though, a review is useless as it is someone elses taste. You are literally letting someone else make your mind up for you. Imagine you were thinking of trying huel but someone told you they didnt like it and then you never bothered to try it. What a mistake that would have been. That goes for all things which relate to personal taste, you need to personally try it yourself and decide.

Even if every single person on here said whole fuel was not as good as huel, you yourself may personally try it and fall in love and think it is 10x better than huel. Same goes the other way, everyone can pop up saying whole fuel is way better than huel, but when you try it, youre disappointed

You simply cannot go off reviews for items like this

That is the opposite of smart thinking

Youre not losing 15quid as you have the product…

The product which is basically a clone of huel with the same ingredients, its hardly going to be undrinkable as its virtually indentical in make up, so even if you think huel is slightly better, you havent lost a thing, you have a product which you paid for which you will use

Add to that the fact, parting with a small 15 pound can then potentially lead onto much larger savings on a monthly basis

There is absolutely no reason to not try it

I disagree.

If 100 people were to say Whole Fuel was significantly sweeter than Huel, and I’m happy with the sweetness of Huel, I would probably not buy Whole Fuel.

People don’t usually just say they don’t like something, they often say WHY they don’t like it. For example, if a lot of people said Whole Fuel was very thin consistency, but you liked it thick, you wouldn’t buy it. Or if they said Whole Fuel was really thick and you like it thin, you wouldn’t buy it.

The idea is to read the reviews and then make up your own mind based on the reasons why people do or don’t like it. I’m not going to buy something just because one person says they like it, and I’m not going to NOT buy something just because someone says they DON’T like it. It’s not a black and white scenario. I can read what other people say and then use that to help me make a decision, rather than just buying products without doing any research.

Not everyone has a spare £15 lying around to experiment with buy an alternative product when their current product suits them just fine.

Are you suggesting that people should buy new products without doing any research? This seems foolish advice.

2 Likes

I’m assuming then you think the entire premise of awarding a restaurant a Michelin Star is completely pointless then?

3 Likes

There is absolutely no reason not to research what other people think about it, then make an informed decision whether you want to buy it.

Good point, well made. Humans are social creatures (to varying degrees) and like to know what other people think of things.

Me comparing someone telling you they dont like huel and you never trying it and that being a big mistake, is a reason to give whole fuel a go

You trying to make comparisons of huel/whole fuel to michellin starred restaurants is silly. But for the sake of running with it we can

So instead of a restaurant with 100s of meals which would have gotten it its star lets pick one imaginary meal from this restaurant.

The reviewer could have given his meal the best rating possible, then 100000 more people could go and give it the best rating possible, i could go and try the exact same meal and think it was pretty basic and be disappointed. Its all personal taste

Lets not forget this is a huel clone. We are basically comparing huel to huel. Its the same product only cheaper

Im not interested in getting into a debate about this. Ive said my piece and know what i will be giving it a try once my huel runs out. If you lot want to pay £65 more a month for something that is potentially exactly the same, then crack on