New Merchandise!

I know it’s not the most important thing for the Huel team to work on right now, but for some reason I can’t stop thinking about Huel merch. The reason being, because I love the bog standard top you get with your first order, it’s comfortable, it’s stretchy and perfect for the gym. However, I am fully conscious I am wearing an advertisement. I love Huel and have told everyone I know about it, I want people I don’t know to see me wearing merch and become interested too. That’s unlikely to happen with the current merch. Wearing any other brand, Nike, Prada, Crocs, your technically still advertising for them but it’s a bit more subtle how they do it.

I have talked to @Tim_Huel about this (the one who made the T-shirts his project) and he is interested in feedback. I said that I’d love a T-shirt saying ‘Hueligan’ in a cool design and then have the Huel logo, less obvious but still there in the lower corner of the T or bigger on the back. IMO the material of the shirt is great but if the design was better (i.e more colourful, funny, thoughtful, inspiring) I think a lot more people would be happy to show off their Huel T’s/hoodies etc.

Of course getting this stuff produced costs money, but I think as most people who are doing Huel are also into fitness, that they could start by creating some gym type merch such as shorts, gym towels, vests and the T shirts they’ve already established. I feel like if the merch had a cool design/quote or Hueligan on it, instead of a glaringly obvious advertisement then people would purchase them. Another couple of quotes I’d like to see on a T are: “Huel, gym, sleep, repeat” then below “Eat complete” and “Do you even Huel bro?”

Just ideas I’m throwing out into the wind. Have you guys got any opinions/ideas/feedback on the matter of merch? I don’t feel like it get’s talked about enough.

5 Likes

I’m not a big gymgoer but I have worn my Huel T-shirt there. Tbh it’s the only place I would wear it. It’s the old shirt too, not one of the nice new ones.

I wouldn’t be seen dead in anything that said “Hueligan”.

One thing that might sway me: if they made a medium T-shirt that’s available in tall size. Finding one that’s good quality, long enough, and not super expensive is my holy grail. I’d live with a minimal Huel logo for that. It’s probably not economically viable to make shirts that don’t have average proportions though.

I’m not really the best person to listen to on this topic. :laughing: I don’t understand the desire to show off the brand of food I eat. It makes as much sense as showing off the type of loo roll my bum enjoys.

These make more sense because they manufactured the item. It’s like “Ford” on the front of a car. I still don’t like it though! I’ll advertise by using the official shaker!

3 Likes

I agree with all of the above

I have a hoodie with ‘Hueligan’ on it and I love that way more than the simple and in your face ‘Huel’ on the t-shirts

I’ve often thought they should have slogans eg Humen Fuel or ones such as you’ve suggested, instead of just the brand name.

3 Likes

There’s some interesting (and some stupid) ideas on this thread here also

2 Likes

I’d like an insulated flask with a capacity of 8-900ml, please. The current one: https://uk.huel.com/products/stainless-steel-bottle is quite nice looking but not insulated or large enough.

The description says “this bottle is the perfect accessory for a trip to the great outdoors.” Not if it isn’t insulated! I don’t want warm Huel three hours into a hike.

I’ll probably buy one of these in the spring. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Camelbak-Chute-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Bottle/dp/B076ZWTHXF/ref=pd_aw_sbs_200_1/260-9381779-4116447 Make one like that before March and you get the sale, Huel! :smiley:

(I don’t actually go on hikes but it is my 2020 plan, once the weather warms up. Maybe if I went hiking in January I wouldn’t need an insulated flask.)

2 Likes

You solved your own puzzle there mate!

1 Like

Slogging my way up a frosty mountainside “at least my Huel will be cold”.

2 Likes

That’s all that matters! Who cares about your shriveled dick half way up a mountain?

2 Likes

I’m fine in my Huel™ thermal underwear.

I keep using ™ when it should be ®.

1 Like

Huel representatives have said that the stainless steel bottle is not meant for Huel but for water. It would be quite hard to clean it from the inside if you used it for Huel.

1 Like

Yeah I’d prefer one with a wide mouth like the other one I linked. I have a bottle brush though.

I really love the quality of the new shirts. I am not a fan of branded items in any way shape or form so would not purchase anything with slogans etc…even now I mostly just wear my Huel shirts to bed or to do my home workout DVDs in. So from me I would prefer extremely minimal branding where possible with Huel personally.

2 Likes

I don’t love the current T-shirt’s as I can’t get the sizing right…small is too small and medium is too big!

I’d love a vest/tank top though. Huel is one of my favourite brands so I’d be absolutely happy to rep them if I could.

I completely agree with @David on the “Hueligan” phrase though. I wouldn’t wear or purchase anything with that but “Huel”, “Hueler”, “eat complete” - I’m all aboard!

My vote is for logo vest/tank tops, stickers and pins!

3 Likes

That’s a bit off brand though unless they contain everything an adult needs lol

1 Like

I also wouldn’t wear something with the text ‘hueligan’, I drive a BMW and get roasted enough by my colleagues for saying that I go drifting on frozen lakes.

I don’t understand why they thought “Hueligan” was a good pun. If their product sounded a bit like “Twat” would they be calling us all twats?

3 Likes

I like Hueligan :joy::joy:
Especially on a huge black hoodie like they sent me :rofl:

2 Likes

Because we’re crazy for Huel! Personally I like it, and I am totally nuts for Huel. I am also a twat…

1 Like

I want one…

1 Like

If it was like, obsessive or fanatic, it’d work. But hooligans are always arseholes. It’s the entire meaning of the word - some dick who punched someone or smashed up a pub for totally petty reasons.

I know, but you love headbutting coppers and stuff. Don’t tar the rest of us with your antisocial brush!

1 Like