New on Huel, safe max protein ingestion per day

Hi!

I just joined the Huel community with my first order of Huel Complete Protein (chocolate and vainilla) and Huel Black Edition (chocolate). I have two main objectives:

1. I train martial arts twice per week and I would like to get some extra muscle mass. I am not obsess or very ambitious about this objective, I just looking for a small improvement.
  2. I want to replace some meals with Huel when I don’t have time to cook. I don’t plan to replace more than one meal per day.

Now my question: combined with regular food, what is the safe maximum of Huel Complete Protein and Huel Back Edition that I can take per day? I am loving the product but I don’t want to overload my body, especially my kidneys, with too much protein.

I am a 38 years old male with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, otherwise healthy.

Thanks!

Hello - there is a very comprehensive article together with many linked references sources here that will explain a lot for you about protein and its effects.

1 Like

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As Phil mentioned we have a detailed article on the effects of high protein intake (or lack of).

The body won’t be overloaded by protein, including the kidneys, this has been debunked after years of research. Excess protein, like excess carbs and fat will be used as energy, then stored as fat or excreted from the body.

Thank you for the answers, I am really loving the product :slight_smile:

3 Likes