No shipping confirmations?

Delivery companies have customer service working in shifts usually, whereas Huel only works on office hours and might not have specific “customer service procedures” as such in place (yet).

I still haven’t had a reply from Huel about it, but I did get a customer service satisfaction email off then,

Hello Ian

We’d love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I’m satisfied

Bad, I’m unsatisfied

Lol thought that was funny. I said I hadn’t had a reply at all.

3 Likes

Ooer. That’ll be another spanking for @Tim_Huel then :laughing:

Never had you down as a dominatrix @Bee but obviously I got that wrong!

3 Likes

Hahaaaa always watch out for the quiet ones :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry I missed this one last week. We’re having issues with pick up shops accepting RTD cases as they’re so heavy. That could be the issue, so perhaps try to have it delivered somewhere else (office maybe, sorry I don’t know if you even work in an office). Apologies for any delay to responding to you, sure the team are on it now.

It’s definitely an interesting option. I know plenty of places, like Amazon, offer multiple speeds of delivery, however I haven’t actually seen any ecomm businesses offering different couriers. Do you have any examples? Would like to check out what it looks like.

Consider though that currently by using DPD for the vast majority of orders we actually have much more clout than if we split our orders between couriers. Currently the cutoff time is around 9pm (i.e. if you order before 9pm then it will be delivered next day - T&Cs apply) I believe, however if we then halved the amount of parcels we sent with them I would imagine they’d be less likely to want to come and pickup so late.

Never say never, but just something to consider

3 Likes

Two examples I know of (which I believe offer DPD and Yodel as options) are Bulk Powders and The Protein Works.

2 Likes

Same with Zooplus, the online pet food store. There is also an order size stipulation to consider.

2 Likes

Hi @Tim_Huel no this was just my normal 2 bags of powder. The email just said the parcel wasn’t suitable for drop off points. I tried to find out why but haven’t been able to. Huel customer services didn’t get back to me and neither has DPD, only there auto chat thing which just said the sender doesn’t allow there parcels to be dropped off at pick up shops lol. I can’t help thinking it’s the driver being awkward, if that’s the case he isn’t doing his job properly, but I may be wrong. If there was too many parcels for the shop to take in on that given day they should tell us that and give us the option to have it dropped off there the next day. I am not blaming Huel at all, you use DPD and that’s up to you, it’s just when DPD do things like this and we don’t know why as there isn’t normally an issue with a 2 pack of boxed Huel being dropped off.

Yeah zooplus offer choice of Yodel, Hermes or DPD I think. Some are free depending on weight or value of parcel. Some you have to pay for. At check-out you simply choose your courier and pay a small fee if you want the faster or more expensive service.

2 Likes

Yep just looked, zooplus do use Yodel and DPD. I would of chose Yodel simply because there depot is only 1 mile away from me, compared to 11 miles for DPD

From zooplus site,

Choosing your Delivery Partner:

By offering you the ability to select delivery partners, we aim to ensure that your parcel is delivered as efficiently as possible, in a way that suits you.

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/content/shippingcosts

I use zooplus all the time and usually opt for Yodel. Don’t have to spend as much to get free delivery :grin:

@Tim_Huel I had this strange email back from DPD regarding the issue I had last week with my pick up shop. So I am not any the wiser on the issue, and Huel customer service still never replied to my emails. When I opened the box tonight both the Huel pouches had rips in them but there wasn’t much loose powder in the box. That’s ok though as the bags are still full. I wonder if that’s what this is all about them saying its not suitable to be dropped in a pick up shop, maybe some powder leaked out the box in the DPD depot.

DPD reply email,

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us in terms of your parcel. Hope you’re doing well.

I would like to tell you that the parcel is requested back by the sender. So please get in touch with your sender for further assistance.

Ian, thanks for all the information here. I’ve raised with the customer service team and they’re getting in touch now to sort out your ripped pouches and explain what’s happened.

Thanks Tim, they’ve been in touch and I sent them photos of the ripped bags, also DPD told them there not sure why it wasn’t delivered to the shop.weird.