POLL: Pre-bottled Huel, Yes or No?

Do you think Huel should make a pre-bottled version like Soylent have?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not sure

0 voters

Bars have this angle covered imo

2 Likes

No (this forum doesnā€™t permit 2 word answers so hereā€™s some more text)

A thought which has just occurred to me: Huel on tap. No need for extra packaging, if anything it can be shipped to the cafe in a larger bag, mix with water onsite and sell in pint glasses. Easier for the consumer as itā€™s just grab and go.
Only question, will it be as popular as beer in the outer world? I mean, internet retail allows one to target the few enlightened ones around the world :slight_smile:

Off topic: why is there a cake next to my name in this post?

If I hover my mouse over it it says ā€œToday is the anniversary of the userā€™s signupā€.

ā€œWhat would you put if ā€˜Not sureā€™ wasnā€™t an optionā€¦ā€

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™d put. On the fence maybe.

I canā€™t imagine how much bottled Huel would cost to be profitable, but Iā€™m pretty sure it would be out of my price range. Plus, does the world really need yet more cans or bottles to recycle/rust in beauty spots? (I used to live near Snowdonia and you could tell the month by the litter!)

8 Likes

On topic: Why isnā€™t there a cake next to my name!?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been dabbling a little bit and I have to say, whilst huel definitely remains my favourite lent (by far) the convenience is just superb with 1) pre-bottled powders ready to mix and 2) actual ready to drink bottled lents.

I know thereā€™s more waste, but honestly, Iā€™d be really happy if huel explored the idea.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea. It would definitely be more expensive than the powdered form, but it would suit those of us who are looking for something even more convenient than Huel.

It does clash with the Huel aim of reducing the impact of food on the environment however.

2 Likes

I must admit I used to think this would be a sensible move for Huel, in terms of reaching a wider market. Ultimately I think a powder that you mix yourself is always going to be somewhat niche. But now that we have the bars I donā€™t really see a need for a pre-bottled product as these provide a ā€œready to goā€ solution and also, being a solid food, are probably an easier sell to joe public.

ā€œVery much so.ā€
ā€œDo you remember what the question was?ā€
ā€œNo.ā€

2 Likes

Itā€™s interesting to see @JamesCollier has voted Yes.

1 Like

Same answer as with Huel in individual sachets, that it defeats one of the main strengths of Huel, i.e. the lack of waste and impact on the environment. Just to save someone about 20 seconds.

5 Likes

True but itā€™s a little more complicated. Enviro savings mean nothing if the product isnā€™t taken up by more people. If pre-bottled brings more people to Huel, Huel can then try to encourage them to switch to the better product. I think the two dudes in charge are best placed to devise a long term strategy. They donā€™t seem to be doing too badly so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the other hand, one of the main strengths of Huel is convenience. Pre-bottled Huel is more convenient.

1 Like

Itā€™s marginally more convenient with a much bigger environmental impact. Itā€™s the same as selling pre-mixed screen wash for your car. As a society we pay to transport basically water all over the country just because somebody canā€™t be arsed to mix it themselves when they have a tap in their house.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of dehydrated H2O. I buy a pouch of it and add water when I get home. some people are too lazy to do that.

4 Likes