Huel bar! (more words for no reason)

I need a Huel bar in my life!

What’s the latest?

(Ps - I think the rules on thread titles need looking at, minimum characters and “more description”)

5 Likes

The wait continues…

Seriously though we are waiting on suppliers and it is just out of our hands. We are just as frustrated as you!

1 Like

God dammit

Gap in the market where the Soylent Bar used to live.

2 Likes

That’s one way of losing weight :frowning:

I would like this when I am out on a long bike ride to keep off the hunger, I’ve made the Huel cookies which were quite good but a bar equivalent would be better.

I was always put off Soylent after I watched a documentary years ago when they were first starting up. Run in the corner of a dirty warehouse. Rats in the place they were packing Soylent. No hygiene training because it wasn’t considered a food by the government. Basically a place run by kids. And to top it off the guy in the documentary had some Soylent that went mouldy and green. He continued to eat the lumpy mess. Looked so wrong.

I’m sure it’'s not like that now (well I hope it isn’t, that Guardian article above tells me different!) but I have forever more been put off their product!

Link for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NCigh54jg

“I ate it anyways, confident in my ability to digest anything natural.”

The stupid, it hurts.

Edit: sorry, I should make it clear that’s a quote from the article and not you, nickymoo :smiley:

1 Like

I need a Huel bar in my life!

Hmmm, Huel with beer… haven’t tried that yet.

Oh, you meant baking little cereal bars? Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

(have a nice weekend)

1 Like

17:26. 4 minutes until beer becomes acceptable…

1 Like

Others described similar symptoms, which resembled food poisoning, such as “explosive diarrhea and vomiting within three hours of eating one” and “burning up and sweating profus[e]ly, and started getting very dizzy, lightheaded, and weak”.

Well, if the Huel bar can avoid making us suddenly shoot out jets of arse gravy while sweating and feeling dizzy, they will be on the right track.

1 Like

Maybe they don’t actually need to fix the Soylent Bar recipe. Perhaps all they need to do is alter the packaging and switch to a different marketing focus?

For example:

2 Likes

Any update on the timeline though? Last time the suggestion was some time this year, but we only have two months to go( Like, is it still early stage planning or are you just waiting for something like packaging and you are good to hit the market? Will it be a Christmas miracle by any chance? :smirk:

1 Like

100% before Christmas.

6 Likes

That’s Christmas lunch sorted then.

3 Likes

Good news. Any info on how it will compare nutritionally to Huel powder or to competing bars such as Twennybars? Joylent has said that at the start of December will release a new Twennybar version with less sugar and saturated fats than the current one. Hope Huel bar is better still.

Powder will always be superior in terms of nutritionals. This is because we need to add other ingredients to bind the powder together and keep it moist.

3 Likes

when you say superior Julian do you mean that there will be unwanted ingredients that would detract from Huels Nutritional…perfection I guess? I for one would make that sacrifice

1 Like

:heart_eyes: Promise you’ll send out an email when they are ready.
Up to 52 days to go, I just can’t wait! :yum:

1 Like

There are more ingredients in the bar; these make the nutritional rations slightly less desirable. I’m happy though as it’s still nutritionally great, just not as wonderful as Huel powder!

1 Like