Possibly a coincidence

Just to update it looks like this is going to remain an unsolved mystery. On the good news front I still haven’t seen any moths, and haven’t seen any more larvae since 5th November when I went away on my last business trip.
I parcelled up my delivery and sent it back on Saturday, Dan confirmed they received it on Wednesday this week. They have carried out checks at both the manufacturing plant and fulfilment centre and confirmed both are pest free.
So, as I clearly don’t have an infestation and neither do Huel, it looks as though it was a single batch of eggs that came into my flat on something (possibly some packaging on something I bought for my new kitchen?).
It appears all the eggs have now hatched and I’ve managed to hunt down and squish all the larvae so hopefully that’s the end of it.
I hope you can all understand why I posted, at no point have I claimed Huel definitely had a problem but I was at a loss as to where this came from. I still am. I was concerned as like I said in my original post each of the Huel pouches had 4-5 larvae on the outside so it seemed plausible to at least investigate whether that was the source especially given it is a brand new kitchen. It has been confirmed not to be, so I consider this closed and will just hope wherever it came from I managed to catch it before it has become a full scale infestation.

5 Likes

Hey don’t apologise, worth checking of course. Although I suppose you agree there’s an argument for checking directly with Huel to avoid any chance of scaremongering in the future

Shame you’ve been left with an unsolved mystery but so pleased you managed to get rid of the little blighters @Liath.

1 Like

How many in total? Are you a very good mothematician?

4 Likes

Thanks for updating everyone, you’re doing my job for me!

Hopefully the pesky… pests don’t come back.

I would still recommend putting up a pheromone trap, if you haven’t done so yet. They have a pupa stage, which can last some weeks…