Powder Lumps - am I mixing it right?

This doesn’t look right at all.
Have you had this problem with every batch and bag, or is it specific to just one bag?
If it’s just a single batch… it’s possible the incorrect amount of gums have been added to the formula… I remember seeing a post about this once before.
Maybe email them (team@huel.com) with the batch and time stamp on the back of your bag - they will be able to check the batch for you.

We all get lumps sometimes but rarely that many. Did you find the powder and water kind of separates?

1 Like

I moaned for the longest time that my Huel was lumpy if i didn’t blend, however in recent weeks I decided to try again with the shaker with that cheese grater thing (what is the name!!!) ontop and it’s been perfect. 400ml, powder, 200ml and then shake savagely for at least 30 seconds all ways. I don’t know what has changed because it never used to come out good like this with my previous attempts, even with the cheese grater thing. Could it possibly be the batch?

:laughing: it’s an ice barrier
I used to use it to help mix (I think it does help a bit) but most of the time I get a fairly smooth shake without needing to blend or use a grid or a shaker ball.

A shaker ball is the easiest way to get good results without blending.
They are very cheap as well. Definitely worth trying @aoikihou if you haven’t already.
And definitely try the already mentioned above technique of shaking in a circular / horizontal motion before going up and down, to stop any power getting stuck in the lid or spout

1 Like

I just spotted this…
Definitely add the ice after shaking
The ice takes up space and also makes the powder stick together a bit.

Water, powder, horizontal shake, vertical shake, add more water, shake again, add ice… in that order!

1 Like