Question about flavour?

First of all let me say I’m a big believer in the product Huel and have been since before I Evan new it existed, think I saw a science fiction movie once where everyone was fed slushee type substance from a machine (was it the matrix?) and thought yes why not just create the perfect blend of what your body needs? As my mother used to say “you wouldn’t put dirty petrol in your car” And so to my question, its a simple question (and maybe asked before) but it’s to do with flavour, the taste is like meh not quite ugh just meh and follows the trend I’ve noticed over the years that anything that’s good for rarely tastes good. I’ve tried most huel flavours and they’ve all been disappointing, I was really excited about the addition of banana recently imagining a McDonald’s milkshake kinda flavour but found it very vague. For quite a while now I’ve taken my Huel with an added scoop of high5 energy drink and found this vastly improves the flavour while giving an extra energy boost. I recently ran out of high5 and was reminded of how bad the flavours are. But if the flavour boosts are so scrummy (at least most of them anyway) why not just make the Huel taste like them??? Or am I missing something? The only positive side is at least there’s no chance of my wife stealing my Huel as having tried it once (lured in by the promise of chocolate) she said never again!
Anyway rant over thanks for reading. On a positive note I’m lighter than I’ve been in 20 years and am tantalisingly close to my target weight, in fact if I don’t fall off the wagon this weekend (like I do every other weekend) I could be there by next week. If (when) i do I’ll come back and share my before and after stats as I’ve always enjoyed others transformations and found lots of motivation on the forum here, although my yo yoing diet is probably not one to be copied! Mon-Fri lose 5-7 pounds Fri-Sun gain 3-5 pounds equals weekly loss of 2 which is the supposed healthy weight loss just not my extreme up and down method. Ok am rambling now so will go, enjoy your weekends and remember we can always start again tomorrow right?

1 Like

From my understanding, the big bag flavours tend to be subtler to stop them becoming too cloying or annoying over lots of meals, and to make them easier to tweak and add things to.

Whereas the flavour boosts are specifically to make Huel taste like X, so they’re stronger, but being in sachets still let you manage the flavour level quite nicely.

3 Likes

Tastebuds vary a great deal from person to person, so flavour boosts add more flexibility to the individual taste experience. You can add as much or as little as you like.

3 Likes

Also people make them thicker/thinner which is a factor in making the flavour subtler

1 Like