Salt in Hot and Savoury

Hi Jeff, Dan addressed this previously but I’d like to add that we do hear you & this feedback will be considered with the wider team. In terms of clarity on 100% Huel, it’s very unlikely that an individual would look to consume Mac & Cheeze (as an example) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. H&S can form a part of a balanced daily nutrition intake.

1 Like

Sorry but I really think this is a cop-out. Yes of course it can be part of a balanced diet, just like three tablespoons of butter can be part of a balanced diet. But I look to Huel for the healthy part of my diet, that balances out the other less healthy things I eat. Huel shouldn’t be the unhealthy thing that has to be balanced out.

Given the food environment we live in, it’s difficult to find easy, affordable, tasty food. I’m disappointed that the attitude around salt in H&S is basically “we’ll just be part of the problem”, instead of being the solution.

2 Likes

Firstly, I’d like to address it feeling like a cop-out. I mean it when we say that we are listening, I’m afraid I can’t provide much more detail than that without giving away any secrets! There are always many points of feedback from consumers, and we will continue to strive to address them, but we can’t always do it all.
Your point regarding Huel being the ‘unhealthy’ part of your day, we certainly wouldn’t agree with. Take Bolognese as a random example, per portion, it contains 27% of the RI of salt, whilst also providing essential macros, and all 26 vitamins and minerals- a far cry from some shop bought comparisons.

That being said, we do stick to our word of always striving for improvement and we will continue to do so.

1 Like

Hi @Jess_Huel, i usully have 2 shakes or 1 h&S each day and make an evening meal. Today I have made butternut squash macncheese using the recioe from the Vegspace by kate ford. Interesting that the 4 portion has 1 teaspoon of salt, so when making ur own food you are adding salt for feel good flavouring. I am quite sure that amount of salt is what would be used in most recioes so it is probably much the same as hot and savorys. Just away to enjoy my dinner. :smiley::stew::cocktail: