Huel Hot & Savoury - Too Salty?

Bought 4 bags, Thai Green Curry, Madras, Mexican Chilli & Mac & Cheeze. I like them all, even the Mac n cheeze which I was sceptical about but I’ve found them so salty, especially the Mac n Cheeze, that I’ve had to stop eating it. It’s got 1.6g of salt per portion which is quite high.

Anyone else find this? It’s such a shame because I find them tasty & really handy for work.

1 Like

H&S are definitely more of an occasional bit of variety/comfort food rather than an every meal item. Their nutritional information recommendations says to have them only for 1-2 meals per day.

Hey Lisa, welcome to the forum! I understand where you’re coming from, especially if you don’t add any salt to your food.

For most people the salt is in line with what their taste buds expect and helps to enhance the flavour.

If it helps, Tomato and Herb and Korma have lower salt contents.

I definitely think it’s too salty. It really doesn’t need to be that salty.
Especially since (eg in pasta bolog)it is very difficult to get an even mix of powder and pasta so some meals toward the end of the bag are likely to be considerably more salty.
I appreciate I may not be your core target demographic but as a middle aged man I need to watch my sodium due to high blood pressure and I’ve suddenly realised that Huel H&S may not actually be healthy for me. Very disappointing.
Please consider cutting the salt by say 30% - I’m sure you could find some way to compensate the flavour.

1 Like