Solo (another huel competitor)

I received an email today which contained this

Seems like a clone but all natural ingredients.

What about the Vitamin B12 sourced from Cyanocobalamin? Or the Sucralose, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin - all of those are synthetic are they not?

Not a massive issue to me since Iā€™ve seen them in other 'lents and other foods, but for them to claim ā€œall naturalā€ recipe whilst using multiple artificial ingredients, that doesnā€™t seem right.

Also struggling to find out what vitamins and minerals are in it. Is there a detailed ingredients breakdown anywhere?

This is ingredients listā€¦not sure on quantities. The D3 is vegan :

Gluten Free Instant Oats, Pea Protein Isolate, Coconut Flour, Rice Protein, Flax Seed Powder, Maltodextrin, Vitamin/Mineral Blend (Vitamin A, Vitamin D3 (colecalciferol), Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12 (sourced from Cyanocobalamin), Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Iodide, Selenium, Magnesium and Manganese, Calcium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Iodide, Selenium, Magnesium and Manganese), Inulin, Natural flavouring (flavoured options only), Sucralose (flavoured options only) and Stevia (Natural Vanilla flavour only).

Not sure why some are repeatedā€¦I copied and pasted from their website.

Good spots! Huel still top dog then :slight_smile:

I meant more like the info on something like this:

it says itā€™s got 100% of nutritionist recommended levels of protein, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and other micronutrients that you require each day but which vitamins and minerals are present and how much of each are there? Saturated fat, salt, whatā€™s the detail?

It could be an awesome product, but thereā€™s just not enough info there for me to buy it. Besides, they were spamming the forum the other day which turned me off massively.

i know what you meant.

Also spamming the Huel forum is bad.

2 Likes

Important thing to note here for those who arenā€™t aware but ā€˜nutritionistā€™ is not a protected term, so that statement means nothing. Anyone can legally call themselves a nutritionist and recommend values like that and the statement would be true. Itā€™s also somewhat concerning their ingredients list doesnā€™t list the forms the micronutrients are in (except D3 oddly).

2 Likes

Tried this yesterday as a colleague had a sample pack.

Horrible stuff - taste was far too sweet and although smooth, texture is so grainy itā€™s like a mouthful of sand.

I actually tried it recentlyā€¦the salted caramel chocolate oneā€¦it was a little sweetā€¦but not too bad (I find vanilla Huel too sweet - hence my 50/50 mix). I actually tried the original one AND the reformulated oneā€¦the original one was grainy and didnā€™t mix well, kept sedimentingā€¦the one with thickeners was far better.