Storage containers

I’ve been using the Black Edition, and I’m loving it. I started with just the banana flavour and have since added the strawberry and cream flavour, so I’m looking to store them in Ceriel containers, but I’ve read that too much light is bad for the product, so could someone recommend a container to use?

Many thanks in advance.

A transparent container shouldn’t be a problem if you keep it in a cupboard. Or if you haven’t got a cupboard, throw a towel over it.

2 Likes

Or if you haven’t got a towel, don’t open the blinds. Or if you don’t have blinds, construct a giant articulated mirror to block out the sun.

rqEGC4

5 Likes

I have a special dark room where I keep things that should never see the light of day.

3 Likes

I all seriousness aren’t cereal containers normally clear/opaque? I’ve never seen containers that would block sunlight.
If sunlight is an issue then the bags Huel comes in is ideal. I imagine you’ll find the containers more convenient hence the question. If so I think you’ll have to either deal with the sunlight or as other have said store them in a place where they won’t get direct sunlight (better still in a cupboard).

1 Like

First post, welcome!

I’ve seen a lot of people use these sorts of containers, they are completely fine as long as they are airtight! As you say ideally, you need to keep this out of direct sunlight so if you have a cupboard or anything this could work perfectly. The sun affects the nutritional quality, so it’s best to keep it tucked away apart from when you’re using it :sunny:

1 Like

That sounds an ideal place for @hunzas

3 Likes

My dark room contains things that would love to see the light of day…but they never will!

1 Like

I keep mine filled with shame and regret.

2 Likes

Does ceiling light impact it or just daylight? We keep ours in the Utility thats a converted garage so no windows, just an overhead strip bulb.

Fluorescent light bulbs emit UV light but LEDs are fine.

Good question! We advise you to store your Huel out of direct sunlight, as the heat combined with the UV light can cause degradation. Ceiling lights won’t cause significant degradation, especially if you’re storing Huel in its original packaging. Just make sure you’re keeping it somewhere cool and dry :raised_hands:

I should be ok then. :wink:

1 Like