Storage of huel when mixed

I have been wondering about the shelf life of a mixed batch of Huel. I’ve noticed that after about 24 hours (even in the fridge) it can taste slightly sour.

I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be drank after this time? I often have a little left over in the evening and leave it in the fridge overnight. Is this not recommended?

1 Like

Hi @majora13

Have a read of this thread: ... and after 24hrs? - #2 by Julian

As it happens, I’ve been running this experiment this weekend. I mixed up some Huel on Saturday morning and I had some yesterday and some more today (Monday morning). It had seperated a little, but a short shake rectified that. Taste-wise there was no change that I noticed. This means, that 48 hours is fine.

In milk-protein based drinks - like whey protein - the protein denatures after 12-24 hours of being made up and is distgusting. This doesn’t happen so readily with plant-based proteins like the pea and rice protein in Huel.

The reason we say 24 hours, is that there may be a small loss of some of the labile micronutrients over a long period when it’s made up.

So, whilst I’d be pretty confident that it’s fine to consume mixed-up Huel after as long as 2-3 days, I’d recommend it’s drunk within 24 hours to get the full nutritional benefits from it.