Huel is working pretty well for me as a too-busy-to-eat casual meal solution. I couldn’t eat it all day, but frequently end up having one or two three-scoop huel shakes.
Overall, I’m really impressed with it.
- Shaker design means you can easily flick liquid and is a bit awkward to drink from.
- A flavour pack scoop roughly accurate per huel-scoop would be useful
- Could the product be finer for better shaking? There is certainly an art to shaking it without lumps - I use a blender at home for this reason.
- Flaxseed size - hopefully it could be finer. Gets stuck everywhere
It occurs to me that a referral scheme might benefit growth, as very few people seem to know about Huel - and I think it’s pretty great.
- Refer a friend and they get a % discount on their first order, and you get a % off your next order
- Returning customers’ referees earn a small % discount (with a ceiling)
Basically I think you should create an incentive for your customers (me) to tell more people about Huel. The fact is, it’s become a commodity to me very quickly and I haven’t really thought about sharing with my friends. I probably will at some point regardless.
Also, you should be able to expand your social media reach through existing customers. Currently I have no reason to follow huel on twitter/facebook, and no reason to share anything. Just a thought.
Similar to referrals, I’d like to see a discount for committing to a suscription of some kind (3,6,12 months).
This area is my profession, so a few thoughts:
- Homepage - describe v1.2 but image URL contains ‘v1.1’ https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0578/1097/files/Huel_-_vanilla_v1.1.jpg?16397151587247718365
- Homepage - better micro copy possible
- Product page - I think this is the place to optimise your messages, it’s direct in letting you choose the options, but clear ‘benefits’ (defined below in a wall of text) should be more visible. Hide the tshirt stuff in a popup - I don’t think anyone cares about the free tshirt as an incentive to buy - far too prominent. I would try swapping the dropdown format with a wide product selector
Where is the signup button? Manic early-adopter here.