Too much protein for the average woman?

I’m considering using Huel however I’m concerned at the levels of protein I’d be consuming if I had 4 -5 100g meals per day.

1 Like

Remeber Rai protein is just another energy source for your body to use as well as it being used in the production of energy (Protein need to be broken apart unlike carbohydrates so protein uses energy to get energy hence why people losing weight should up their protein and reduce their carb intake) when broken down into amino acids, they are used as precursors to nucleic acid, co-enzymes, hormones, immune response, cellular repair, and other molecules essential for life. Additionally, protein is needed to form blood cells so no you should not be worried at all.

2 Likes

There is 30.7g of protein per 100g of Huel. So you would be consuming 123-154 grams of protein per day.

“Take your weight in pounds and divide it by 2.2 to figure out your weight in kilograms. Then multiply that number by 0.8 (not very active), 1.3 (active or pregnant), or 1.8 (extremely active), depending on how much exercise you get.”

As a general guideline, the CDC’s average requirement of protein for women ages 19 to 70 is 46 grams per day. But, as you can see from the chart in the link below, you’ll need to increase that if you’re expecting or training for a marathon.

How much protein should women eat.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it. Most diets in the developed world have far too much protein in them anyway, and the body just excretes what’s not necessary. If you’re on a veggie or vegan diet then you’ll be having a more balanced amount of protein, but the body has mechanisms for dealing with excesses of various nutrients, so you should be okay.

1 Like