UK-based “future of food” startup Huel secures £20 million

https://tech.eu/brief/uk-based-future-of-food-startup-huel-secures-20-million/

3 Likes

Interesting. Expect to see the RTD version arrive off the back of this. And who knows what else…

I heard they needed this just for Tim’s pay rise

4 Likes

Huel skin patches would be good.

3 Likes

As in nicotine patches? So you don’t even need to make up a shake and drink it? Or as in temporary tattoos???

As in nicotine patches. Stick one on and off you go.

1 Like

Kind of. You know Berry was out of stock? Well, I ate it all.

3 Likes

Don’t go giving them ideas like that. And certainly not without patenting it first!

1 Like

Good point. They can have a Huel suppository on me though.

1 Like

Well done everyone at Huel. That’s amazing news. Having just secured business funding for a new venture, but also going for CrowdCube investment, I know how much work gaining investment is required…even if mine is 200x smaller than what you’re at :joy:

4 Likes

Well congratulations to you too!

RTD? Was ist das?

“Ready to Drink” – in bottles, like Mana, Saturo, etc. It makes it easier to sell into retail channels.

Damn I thought it was a Dr Who reference. Russell T Davies who revived it, but doesn’t write for the new series starting tomorrow.

I’m still hoping for the keto version.

Really interesting. It would be great if you could come up with Huel ‘varieties’ - because more plants = better gut flora :grinning:

Huel edible underwear :bikini: would be a good new product :nerd_face: :yum::yum: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

For when you need you’re in public transport on your way home and you really need a snack.

1 Like

Its time to design a decent shaker, the RTD version and to hire me

1 Like

Maybe they could go all Willy Wonka - lickable wallpaper, edible pencils, square Huel bars that look round, slow release Huel chewing gum with all the separate flavours of a whole meal etc.

1 Like