What are the key reasons that made you stay with Huel?

The main reason I’ve stayed with Huel is that I genuinely believe that the company cares about my health and strives to make their products the best they can be.

When consuming a nutritionally complete food I have to believe that it really does enhance my nutrition and it contains the ingredients advertised. Your commitment to answering questions and the customer service in general is amazing.

I don’t consider myself a loyal customer to many brands but if Huel continues as it is I see myself purchasing your products for life.

2 Likes

Honestly I think they are a company, and companies care primarily about profit.
But they know that promoting an image as “healthy” and “customer oriented” will increase sales. It is just their sales strategy, realistically speaking.

But that does not change the fact that it is a healthy product. And that the companies reaction to customer concerns, for example by introducing new flavours that were asked for, is a huge plus.

It may not be the cheapest meal replacement product on the market, but also by far not the most expensive one. Especially if ordered in bulk the price seems reasonable.

I don’t really know what you are trying to say here. If you’re making the point that companies need to make profit, or generate cash, to survive, yes they do - no surprises there. Are you saying that making customers happy will mean customers come back? Yes, another obvious point. Of course it is in our interest to make customers happy.

We “promote an image as healthy” because we are healthy, it would be foolish to do anything but this.

Huel needs to make money to survive, now that might not be very sexy, but it’s the truth. But we can go about making money in a number of ways and we’ve chosen to do so in the way we think is right - by making customers happy through transparency, great customer service and great nutrition, which together forms a brand our customers clearly want to be part of.

If experiences with other brands have made you cynical of the world then fine, but you don’t need to project those preconceptions on us.

5 Likes

I think @mbs sometimes comes across as more blunt than he intends really. He is a welll informed and valuable member of the community but sometimes things get a little “lost in translation” as English isn’t his first language.

Speaking as someone who has been heavily involved in Private Equity purchases of a whole host of companies related to the health and well-being community (somehow we managed to merge a couple of gym chains and I still am not sure how we got that one past the regulator lol) of course every company needs to show a profitable model.

I mean most companies need investment to be able to grow in the first place, government initiatives such as the Business Growth Fund aside, how on earth is any organisation expected to secure that investment of growth capital without showing a model which includes growth and a return on their investment.

To the topic at hand:

I stay with Huel because it has a great nutritional profile, is simple to make in various different forms and the response to customer questions or issues is instant. No other FMCG provider is as good at this as Huel.

Thanks for your kind words, talort.

@ tim:
I responded to the post of callumk where he said that he genuinely believes that Huel cared about his health. I wanted to remind of the fact that Huel is a company after all, not a friend or a wellfare organisation. But that is not a problem - quite the contrary. I’ve never said it was a problem.
And regarding “healthiness”: I find it tricky to define that term. In a way everything containing energy and micronutrients could be called healthy…and from another perspective nothing is really perfectly healthy, there is always some downside, too much sodium, macro-split not adhering to official recommendations, too much of an ingredient with pesticides, phytic acid or whatever…

The only thing one can say it that Huel offers benefits that no other product has. Vegan, soy-free and in the case of Black Edition even low-carb and grain-free, with a lot of additional antioxidants. And relevant bulk discounts. You interact with your customers, listen to their recommendations and continuosly improve your products, change the formula, add new flavours or product lines. No other company does that to such a high degree.