Why do YOU use Huel? šŸ˜Š

I am curious. Why do you use Huel? To lose weight? Because it is super convenient and easy? Because it is vegan? Because it good for the environment and animals? Other reasons?

I canĀ“t wait to hear from all of you other Huel-ers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These 2 reasons

2 Likes

Because (eating disorder recovery) dealing with meals at least 3x a day gets exhausting
Because it stems my sugar cravings
Because itā€™s nutritious
Because itā€™s convenientā€”I can use it on a frisbee pitch and in instances itā€™s just not possible to make/consume a balanced meal (say travelling with overpriced gas station sandwiches), maintaining a regular meal schedule
Because their customer service is ace, and so are the principles they stand for
Because it tastes great
Because of the wonderful and supportive community here
Because Iā€™ve always wanted to join a cult :wink:

7 Likes

Primarily ease of preparation and clean up.

Next balanced nutrition with no effort.

Next weight loss initially and now weight maintenance - easy to see how many cals per meal and so on.

Edit
Other benefits like vegan and environment are things that I appreciated having come to Huel for the above.

2 Likes

For weight loss and for saving time.

Last year I got a baby and found it really difficult to make time for myself to eat. Also itā€™s really convenient in getting rid of the post baby weight without to much effort :wink:

1 Like

Why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, seriously.

• Because itā€™s cheap but has an excellent quality, according not only to Huel experts (too easy :stuck_out_tongue: ) but also to many informed customers here in the forum.
  • Because itā€™s convenient, and itā€™s great to drink while binge-watching Netflix.
  • Because it removed my crave for sweets like biscuits and plumcakes I was eating all the time.
  • Because, even if Iā€™m not fat, it made me loose 9 Kilos and Iā€™m now almost at my ideal weight.
  • Because I like sciencey futuristic stuff, and Huel makes me feel like Iā€™m on a spaceship.
  • Because at 37 Iā€™m starting to think I have to do something not to die at 50, it would be unpleasant. :smiley:
  • Because is not a cult and is not a pseudo-scientific weird diet like many others found online.

The vegan thing actually made me skeptical at first, I respect vegans but Iā€™m definitely not, but then Iā€™ve read the science behind and that made me overcome the mistrust. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will never go 100% Huel forever (but I do occasional 100% days when Iā€™m too lazy or busy), I still think food is not only nutrition, but Iā€™m super happy to have it in my life because itā€™s a great thing. :slight_smile:

And also, as others said, the community is cool and the team/customers support is top level. (Ok, now it sounds a bit like a cult :smiley: ).

4 Likes

Why you gotta crush my dreams like that? :cry:

4 Likes

Well if you please @hunzas could turn it into a cult. Letā€™s dance at night raising our Huels and making non-Huelers our slaves! :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just addicted to the granola :slight_smile: canā€™t stop thinking about it when I donā€™t eat itā€¦

3 Likes

Lazy bodybuilding.

4 Likes

This is super fun reading :smiley:

I use Huel mainly because it is convenient and nutritious. I like this because I struggle with chronic diseases and have absolutly no energy for cooking.

I love that Huel is good for our planet and good for animals.

I didnĀ“t know I had joined a cult :wink:

2 Likes

I havenĀ“t tried the granola. Sounds very good. And a bit addictive :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sounds great! Count me in! Should we not come up with a yell or matching uniforms?

5 Likes

Donā€™t we already have matching t-shirts? And it is more a ginormous fart than a yell.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll bring the killer robots. You bring the killer farts. :smiley:

3 Likes

-Time/convenience
-My Sanity back when previously recovering from Orthorexia
-Helps me be more productive by spending less time meal preparing, or thinking about my nutrition.
-less waste, sooo much less waste!
-works well around a minimalist lifestyle
-fantastic for fitness goals - makes manipulating diet easy
-great for bulking, makes 3500-4000 calories possible for me.
-lessens my meat intake, as an ex vegan Iā€™m always conscious of this, Iā€™ve basically reduced my meat intake by 60-70%, if I swapped out meat in one of my meals Iā€™d basically be vegan again. Might actually do this when itā€™s world vegan month and document it on here?
-allows for funny banter/remarks at work with boss/colleagues at my expense :wink:
-washing up reduction!

3 Likes

As a woman heading towards 60 at the speed of something very fast I had reached the point of not knowing what to try nextā€¦ ok so yes, I have tried lots of things, BUT this isnā€™t a diet product, this is a product for people which can be used as a way to control calorie intake, so:
because itā€™s easy
because I donā€™t spent my life thinking about food, what to buy, what to cook, what to eat
because itā€™s eased my sugar cravings
because it tastes good (mostly)
because its made my hair thicker and shinier; my nails seem to grow a lot faster and not as brittle
because 2 shakes a day seems normal
because I can still eat out and not feel like I have to have everything unhealthy on the menu just because

3 Likes

Because it gets me out of shopping, cooking, and most of all, washing up. These alone have made me 67% happier with my life. Then thereā€™s the convenience, portability and calorie control. The company ethos certainly doesnā€™t hurt either.

5 Likes

For ethical and environmental reasons I want to eat more vegan, while Iā€™m aiming for a rather high protein intake for the sake of my health. Huel is both vegan and high in protein, plus itā€™s reasonably cheap and super convenient.

Also, cooking once a day is more than enough for me. I actually think that food takes up way to much of our time and energy.

2 Likes

I started using Huel as a weight loss aid - I was looking at some of the brands which are more specifically geared towards weight loss (e.g. cambridge diet plan) but just found that the sheer expense (Ā£50+ per week!) wasnā€™t something I could manage.

Huel isnā€™t specifically designed with weight loss in mind, but the price per calorie is so much lower that I decided to just go on a ā€œDIY crash dietā€ and I managed to lose 2 stone up to now as a result. Craving less sugar is a very welcome side effect and the sheer covenience of a fairly healthy meal that can be ready in minutes (ā€œfairly healthyā€ = doesnā€™t quite compare to a properly prepared, balanced meal - but itā€™s an awful lot better than all the other quick meals you might stick in the microwave) is a handy thing too.

3 Likes