What do you do for reducing stress?

Yeah that works for me too if I’m in the mood. Make sure you’re drinking enough water. Oh and a cup of tea always helps when I’m stressed, I think it’s mostly just stepping away from my desk for a minute to make a brew helps me to “reset”

1 Like

I use Taekwon-Do, Judo and music for stress relief.

Hitting pads (or training partners) is a great stress relief!

I meditate.

1 Like

If you spent actual money on a whole crate of Stella you have no business complaining to anyone about anything - except possibly whoever it was who encouraged you in an act of wilful poor judgement.

1 Like

I was never happy that people refer to it as wife beater. I don’t mind a half of Stella occasionally.

He was very very drunk…with bad flatulence.

1 Like

It is one of my favourite beers :man_shrugging:t2:

If I am stressed I skate

Stella is considered to be one of the most normal, main stream beers here. It’s what you drink when you go out, at festivals, at the sports café,… We also get is at the New Year’s reception of our city, it being brewed here and all :wink:

What I mean to say is that it’s nice to hear about it from your eyes :slight_smile: How export and other marketing can make it a whole different product.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I joined gym 1 month ago and i can see the changes in me. I was a slim girl who don’t have any strength. But now i feel strong and yes got muscle also. I recently came to know what happens when we eat too much sugar? Is this really true?

Apparently stroking cats and dogs for just 10 minutes are good for reducing stress according to scientific tests,

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/19/stroking-a-cat-or-a-dog-for-just-10-minutes-can-reduce-stress-study-finds-10425875/

I love exercising before work, makes me feel awesome through the day, although not managing that at the moment as afterwards is more convenient (no showers at the gym currently).

If I’m stressed because I’ve got so many things to do, like at work, I make lists and prioritise them. Each day I’ll have 3 things I need to achieve and whenever I get distracted or end up in a bit of decision paralysis I’ll just go back to my list and get on with it. This helps, nothing worse than getting to the end of the day and not knowing what you’ve achieved. There’s always more to do than the 3 things, but if I get those 3 done it’s been a good day and that helps reprogram my mind to thinking what success is --> reducing my stress.

3 Likes

Oooo I love a daily list !

Sometimes though I put:
Rest
Read a book
Cuddle the cat
on my list, because we all need a day of doing ‘nothing’ yet feeling like we haven’t wasted it. I call them my ‘nothing-days’ and aim to have them minimum once a fortnight.
No going out, no talking to anyone, no cleaning, no working, just rest. A day of pure rest is a massive achievement (it’s harder to achieve than it sounds!) and is a brilliant stress buster for the week ahead. But the benefits are lost if you feel bad about it…
So put ‘do nothing’ on your to-do list. And enjoy :blush:

1 Like

Me too, everytime I have a problem I make a list of my current situation. It widens your mind and put your problems in perspective

Also if I am really stressed I try to locate my current problems in the earth, normally they are ridiculous and quite small if seen this far.

2 Likes

I love this thread :blush:

2 Likes

Sometimes I think, I can’t wait till it’s my day off and I am going to chill out and do nothing stay in and watch Dvd’s. I never do though as I get restless and bored and have to go out and do something. Like today ( my day off ) I lazed a bit till 10am then went to the gym ( to hot in there and someone doing sickly smelly farts and bad BO ) decent workout then came home and showered and just lounging around now trying to push myself to go out. Hate waisting days off, my depression and anxiety also gets worse just staying in and not being around people I prefer to get up early and go out and come home late afternoon and then I chill better. If i did it the other way round, stay in and spoke to no one and go out late afternoon my anxiety levels are high compared to being low early morning. Come on Ian get up now and go out!!! Ok :smile:

'Er indoors makes endless lists. I made her a list of the lists she has made, then put housework at the top.

@Ian42 then you need a day of doing whatever it is that you personally find restful and nourishing - if that’s spending a day around friends then make sure you do that (put it on your list lol).

Magnesium & adaptogens help, a lot!