What do you do for reducing stress?

Please share what you usually do reduce stress level after work or at work

lentil weaving.

4 Likes

Stress level at work is naturally through the roof.

Weight session every morning gets rid of it all in preparation for the rest of the day.

1 Like

I saw you more as a yoghurt knitter tbh.

3 Likes

I recently picked up yoga again and find the breathing excersizes to really help during stress attacks. Doing puzzles also helps, when youā€™re making a puzzle, your brain canā€™t worry it seems :wink:

2 Likes

Nah mate, not vegan is it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I look through the Huel forum, helps me forget about work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Doing it before is so hard tho. If I could, I would go at 11-12 while the gym is empty and energy levels are high!

I used to optimistically think I could turn myself into a morning person who would get up early and exercise before work. Never happened. I am unrelentingly consistent in being the type of person who hits snooze until (after) the last possible moment to get up and go to work. But equally I will happily not go to bed until 2am. Definitely an owl and not a lark.

Happily my gym is open until 11pm and is reliably empty at 9pm which is when I usually go. Something hugely stress relieving about a good weights sesh after a day of dealing with idiocy at work. Helps me sleep better. Plus going to the gym late means I avoid the stress of not being able to get near some of the equipment because of people spending more time sat about on their phones and taking gym selfies for their tinder profiles than actually lifting anything :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Another one for exercise as a great relaxer.

This! It does my tree in as well. Although Iā€™m more of a cardio person so I can still get on equipment but it does rev me up watching people spend the majority of their ā€œworkoutā€ on their phones. Some people waft into a gym do about 10 minutes of actual exercise in the 45+ minutes they are there and then leave :rofl:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a few at my gym that regularly sit on the reclining exercise bike for an hour while watching tv on the screen and occasionally doing a token push on the pedals. Then they stand on the vibration plate for a bit and make funny noises and sometimes lift one arm or leg whilst on there so they can pretend to themselves they are getting some benefit of jiggling their fat. Then they go in the sauna for half hour, sweat their nuts off, jump straight in the pool to cool off without showering (grrrrrrrr :triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::nauseated_face:) then have a jacuzzi whilst eating f***ing crisps!!! (This is almost worse than the not showering because all the crumbs go in the pool, and they leave the empty packet on the side for someone else to clean up).
THEN they go in the restaurant and drink beer and shout loudly, disturbing my attempt at a peaceful post-workout Huel before my drive home.
Ok rant over. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::confounded:

2 Likes

Mondays are ā€œchest and armsā€ days in my gym. Between 5pm and 8pm you canā€™t get near a bench for the bro groups posing and admiring each other. Most ridiculous thing I saw a couple weeks ago was the guy taking a selfie holding a 20kg dumbbell like heā€™d just banged out a bunch of bicep curls. Heā€™d literally picked it off the rack, sat on the bench, took the photo and re-racked it. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Thatā€™s why I started going later.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Totally this! Drives me crazy. I guess these are the same people who buy those fat melting vibration belts/sticky pads that are sold on home shopping channels so they can lose weight whilst lying on their sofa with a six pack of Stella and a takeaway pizza!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the sort of six pack I need.

I understand they are running a promotion at the moment where if you buy a six pack it comes with a woman from Brighton. @RyanT was reviewing the advertising images :joy:

1 Like

Thatā€™s some con-stella-tion prize.

1 Like

Hey I bought a crate yesterday and havenā€™t received the prize where can I complain?

@DerrySegar sometimes classical music helps me when Iā€™m stressed at work. Something soft with piano or cello or both

I live in the city where Stella is being brewed. Itā€™s also a university city, so the concentration of female students is quite low atm due to holidays. Maybe thatā€™s why their stash of women has run out?

1 Like

I find loud aggressive music helps me to relax. I am not averse to piano cello either, but if Iā€™m in a shitty mood and need to wind down only Buzzov.en will do. Also clears the vicinity of unwanted hippies.