What to see what 96 year of Huel pouches looks like?

We understand that some customers would like pouches that can be recycled, we do too. But we have to balance out cost, usability, durability, ability to protect the vitamins for 1 year, waste, and production lead time.

Currently there is no alternative we can find that will protect the micro nutrients in Huel and ensure it arrives safely. The best option is a composite - plastic outer layer for strength and and foil liner to preserve the vitamins and minerals.

The good news is that the pouches require a tiny amount of material, when compared to tubs, boxes, etc. This a photo of 10,000 pouches, or put another way 96 years of waste if you were on Huel 100% of the time for 2000 calories per day. That is probably less than two wheelie bins full of waste over 96 years, not too bad.

13 Likes

Awesome!! That really puts it into perspective. I’m not concerned about the pouch sizes anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s incredible. A whole lifetime’s worth of waste in 2 wheelie bins.

Amazing pix. Please tweet it, it will be my pleasure to RT it!

1 Like

thanks @Raymondcal - the tweet is live - https://twitter.com/gethuel/status/677529791034183685

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I’ve been much more likely to completely forget about putting my bin out for the dustmen since I’ve been eating Huel, because it’s rarely anywhere near as full anymore.

I wonder if emtpy Huel pouches could be recycled as some kind of space-aged insulation product? Fill them with something fluffy and they’d probably eventually be excellent loft insulation!! :smile:

1 Like

What’s the price on that? I’m still only seeing a 4 week option as the most we can buy in the store

Lol :wink:

The 96 year option should be going live today :wink:

2 Likes