Its perfect proportion for sports.

That depends on your sport, sport.

I’m an endurance swimmer and I prefer a macro split of

60 C
15 P
25 F

It’s perfect proportion for swimming.

Running.
I am looking for an option that can replace fruits and starches as I live in climate that has limited access to good quality ripen fruits and its hard to get full calories of them.

For example:

• Banana
    93% C
    4% P
    3% F

• Potato
    88% C
    10% P
    1% F

Also I want to stick to not overeating proteins and keep close to recommended guidelines as described by Stanford profesor Christopher Gardner in this interview: Everything You Thought You Knew About Protein Is Wrong | Stanford's Professor Christopher Gardner - YouTube

Whenever Im on HCLF diet I feel personally best so I look into option that Huel could develop such powder. No matter taste for me xd

1 Like

Essential is closet one for you - 63%C 20%P 9%F

I know :slight_smile: but I think Huel don’t see HCLF niche.

theres not much money in niche products. You could probably get closer to your desired macro by adding some tapioca flour to Essential.

1 Like

Ah, you live in Glasgow too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Jake! Thanks for the recommendation :smile:

I am more than happy to pass the suggestion on, however, I suspect that we will not release a core powder that has a macronutrient split close to the one you’ve suggested as it wouldn’t be nutritionally complete from a macronutrient perspective, based on the current guidelines.

The Huel with the closes macro split at the moment is the Essential, with a split of 56:20:20:4 respectively, i.e., 56% of the energy comes from carbohydrates, 20% from fats, 20% from protein, and 4% from fiber.

Having said that, you never know what we’ll decide to work on next, and despite the HCLF niche not being on the cards at the moment, you never know what the future holds.

Isn’t fat essential for hormones and stuff? And in general for your body to work? Having only 8% in the powder would mean you’d have to eat 5000 kcal/day to meet requirements. Would be easier to eat Huel for 2000 kcal and add high amounts of Cluster dextrin for carbs.

1 Like

‘Cluster Dextrin’? That’s going to be my next hair metal band name.

1 Like