Why is Germany singled out with local shop and local prices?

I have to point out some errors in your post. ‘Every’ respected economist did not forewarn Brexit would be terrible for the economy. Some did, some didn’t. Those that did have been proven their views were overly pessimistic. It’s looking like Britain will be fastest growing G7 economy this year. The FTSE is at record highs, exports are up for British companies etc.

Do you remember George Osbourne saying how immediately after a Brexit yes vote there’d be an emergency budget and a recession. Well, where was it?

The worst decision in decades was not voting Brexit, it was voting to remain in the EU back in the 70’s. The British public were peddled a lie about the true nature of the EU, because had they known the truth (to give away sovereignty etc.) they wouldn’t have voted in.

Sounds like you bought into project fear.

The vast majority certainly did, and their views haven’t been proven overly pessimistic when the currency has slunk to a 168 year low. Of course the FTSE is at record highs, but that’s not really relevant in how our economy is doing because pretty much the entire FTSE operate in both the US and the EU, making the majority of their trade in dollars and euros. And again, of course exports are up, our currency is worth 20% less than it was before, meaning it’s cheaper for countries around the world (especially the EU) to buy our products. That is completely expected whenever a lone economy crashes and that country has free trade with others using a different currency. Bear in mind we haven’t lost free trade yet, so naturally exports are up. If/when we do, they’ll plummet.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t believe half the stuff the remain side were saying either re budgets. Yes, we very narrowly escaped a recession, but we still have the slowest pace of growth of trade and output since 2009, and everyone’s savings are worth 20% less than before - not exactly ideal bearing in mind this is all based on speculation and the full damage hasn’t even been started yet!

What sovereignty do you actually think was given away by being in the EU? I hear this argument made loads by Brexiters and it doesn’t actually hold up to logic, so please enlighten me what you think we lost.

And out of curiosity, what was your reasoning for voting leave?

2 Likes

I was wondering why it inccurs a food tax ,it doesn’t really fall into any of the categories.

good to know Huel is a brexiteer business. Time to stop funding them.

3 Likes

Hey Yossi, we could always work a deal with you sending me Huel, and me sending you Soylent :wink: