Black Fuel Banana - Allergic reaction

After recieving my first order (over £80) I tried the Black banana flavour for my lunch and after a few minutes I experienced a tingling sensation in my mouth and tongue. This worsened and lasted for the rest of the day with some effects evident the next day.
I have written ( and telphoned ) to seek some sort of support/help or response as I have never had an allergic reaction to anything before (and I’ve eaten everything) so I guessing it must be the product.

So far no response!!!

Why don’t you respond to me?

Has anyone else had this issue with an allergic reaction?

Nothing for me and I’ve been using Huel for awhile now. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, hope one of the team get back to you.

Occasionally some - it’s usually a result of OAS (oral allergy syndrome) which is not a separate food allergy, but a cross-reactivity usually seen in people with pollen allergies. the trigger in Huel seems to be Flaxseed. It’s extremely rare for this reaction to be anything other than discomforting and people usually treat it in the same way they treat their pollen allergies.

there are few a threads on this elsewhere on this forum if you search for them to have a read. when you were typing your thread you will have seen suggestions on the right based on your content with suggestions of similar posts - like this:

this is to avoid people making duplicate posts on the same issues and so that they can get answers quicker and join the conversation with any additional comment or input.

1 Like

They should offer a Huel version without flax seeds, with algae oil instead :slight_smile:

Hi Victor, I’m certain the customer experience team will get back to your email asap. All our allergens are marked on the nutritional information in line with the common allergens guidance. If you are not aware of any allergies you have then it is doubtful anything in Huel Black Edition Banana gave you an allergic reaction.

Vanilla v1.1

Pea Protein, Ground Flaxseed, Brown Rice Protein, Tapioca Flour, Sunflower Oil Powder, Natural Flavourings, Organic Coconut Sugar, Micronutrient Blend*, Medium-Chain Triglyceride Powder (from Coconut), Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum, Sweetener: Steviol Glycosides, Green Tea Extract Powder, Kombucha Powder, Bacillus Coagulans.

*Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Corn Starch, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin C, Niacin (as Niacinamide), Lutein, Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium- D-Pantothenate), Lycopene, Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Riboflavin, Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate), Thiamin Mononitrate, Zeaxanthin, Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7), L-Methylfolate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin D2, Plant-Derived Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin).

Allergy advice: For allergens see ingredients in bold . May contain: Mustard .