Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

Do you think we should have an off topic ( non Huel ) section??? Lol

Anyway does anyone use or have used Apple Cider Vinegar ( with the Mother )?
I have a bottle and been having 2 tablespoons in a glass of water a day, I have had half a bottle but can’t decide if it’s doing anything lol. I shall carry on till it’s finished though and it’s quite a nice drink. I would be interested in your thoughts on it, good or another con on the market.

Yes. I use it regularly. Whether or not it is useful I don’t know, but people speak highly of it and it is not massively expensive. Is it a con I dunno…

I have used it on and off. Have a bottle in my cupboard now waiting for me to try again. Like you, I don’t know whether it has done anything for me or not. I am going to put a couple of glugs in the pan when I make ratatouille tomorrow.

1 Like

I only put cider vinegar in salad dressing. If I want an alkalising drink I’ll do lemon juice in hot water.

1 Like

Yes! I add 1tbsp to Vanilla Huel…with a half-tsp of turmeric for good measure. You get used to it!

I’m just gonna put this here and quietly walk away.

http://www.insufferableintolerance.com/the-alkaline-diet-fad-and-the-people-who-never-took-highschool-biology-love-it/

2 Likes

The health benefits of apple cider vinegar with the mother are many… but not because it acidifies your organs!!
Personally I take it for the reason it lowers the overall GI of food plus helps maintain healthy gut bacteria.
Other people take it for other reasons

3 Likes

Just posted it because on of the reactions said something about an “alkalising” drink AND because the alkalising diet is a diet fad that is based on BS.

Idk about other possible health benefits. I just use it to flavour my food :wink:

2 Likes

Me too :yum:

Oh yeah - the flavour is awesome :yum: :grin:
Especially on hot home-made chips :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Stop it! I’m hungry as it is! :laughing:

4 Likes

I thought you put cacao on your chips @ChristinaT :joy:

3 Likes

Cacao ACV chips, yum :yum: Blech :crazy_face::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Chocolate on chips is actually pretty awesome :laughing:

Edit: but not with vinegar :flushed:

3 Likes

Me three. Mixed with olive oil, smoked paprika and a pinch of cayenne. Also works with lemon or lime juice.

Sounds good. I love smoked paprika

I’ve considered adding it to UU but have always wimped out, I may give it a go tomorrow.

Has @AppleJuice ever made Huel with apple juice ? :thinking: :thought_balloon:

3 Likes

Haha, no! I can’t see it working, maybe a spiced apple bar though ?

2 Likes

In my fridge I have a shrub, made from rhubarb, ginger, raw cider apple vinegar (with mother), and sweetened with stevia.

I regularly drink it as a shot, sometimes in a cordial, and it is nice with gin and lime.

1 Like