Carbon footprint

At work my lunch restaurant has started to calculate the carbon footprint for each meal choice every day. An easy way to choose smarter even though I’m aware that these estimations are not always perfect.

I assume that the carbon footprint for Huel is comparably low. Has it been calculated? Would be cool to compare lunch at work to Huel lunch when it comes to the carbon footprint.

yes - you can find more info in their 2020 sustainability report - a 400kcal serving of Huel equates to a footprint of 0.6kg CO2e.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Just to chime in that that figure is now out-of-date. As you said @Kristoffer the estimations are not perfect so we’re not in a place to share an updated figure. However, it will be lower than almost all meat-based restaurant options.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I don’t eat meat so for me it’s more interesting how it compares to perhaps some fish or a halloumi burger. With that said I do understand the difficulty of comparing the numbers.

1 Like

Animal-based would have been a better phrase for me to use than meat-based. I’d still say Huel comes on top out of both those options.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.