CHOCOLATE Poll(s)!

Bump, yes indeed I like my chocolate Huel like I like this Poll. Can’t wait for the new Chocolate version to come out and hopefully a new Poll by @ChristinaT :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

I like the chocolate flavor although personally I would sooner call it toffee flavor. I don’t think it tastes like chocolate. It’s delicious though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Ian42 that gif is seriously disturbing :scream:

2 Likes

@Ian42 is seriously disturbing.

4 Likes

Yes I am when I have my chocolate Huel :crazy_face:
I think she has just forced a Huel shaker down her throat, sideways.

1 Like

That’s interesting! I think the vanilla tastes like toffee. The chocolate is less sweet than toffee in my opinion. It’s almost like a chocolate digestive.
If I don’t think of it as chocolate, I really like it.
It’s definitely more-ish.
When I first open a bag of it I don’t really enjoy it that much, but after three or four shakes I find myself wanting to drink nothing else.

I think Huel is like that in general though - the flavour seems to improve when the bag has been open a few days. And your taste buds adjust to it, it’s a bit of an acquired taste.
It’s very addictive - in a good way

2 Likes

Ooh I forgot about this, sounds delicious

You talking to yourself again Ryan?

3 Likes

It’s the only person who likes him.

4 Likes

I had to scroll up to see what @RyanT was referring to whilst talking to himself.
Coco pops!
Now I think about it… chocolate Huel does taste quite a lot like coco pops! IMMSMR (getting into the spirit of the long and confusing acronyms to keep @hunzas company)

3 Likes

Love you too @Coup

2 Likes

At the risk of being shouted at by @ChristinaT I have to say although I’ve heard of cacao. I didn’t know what it was so I’ve just googled it. Am I right in thinking it’s like posh chocolate?

4 Likes

posh chocolate :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Raw cacao is made by cold-pressing un-roasted cacao beans.
Cocoa powder is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures ie processed.

Chocolate is cocoa plus milk plus sugar.

So cacao is the unprocessed unheated raw ingredient from which cocoa is made which is one of the ingredients used to make chocolate.

I’d say chocolate is posh cacao :laughing:

5 Likes

Most commercial chocolate is also made with cocoa that was dutched along with being heated. Dutching is when the cacao powder is treated with a chemical to make the taste milder and more commercially acceptable as raw undutched cacao has a bitter taste. Washing it in said chemical washes away up to 90% of the antioxidants (according to Wikipedia) all in the name of taste.

So if you decide to buy some cacao, for optimum health benefits, you want raw and undutched. I know the raw chocolate company’s cacao is raw and undutched.

2 Likes

I guess you could say it’s like the difference between a raw unroasted coffee bean, and a cappuccino

3 Likes

Yeah undutched cacao has a wonderful intense dark bitter flavour and is very nutrient dense: high in antioxidants, living enzymes, magnesium, potassium, and iron

3 Likes

Thanks I read a couple of lines off Wikipedia and I thought I can’t be arsed to read the whole history of South America.
If only there was two helpful people who could me some info.
I’ll be sure to try some with my next huel.

1 Like

@Berserker you don’t need Wikipedia as we have @ChristinaT here who is the expert on cacao anything you need to know just ask her :smiley:
I still haven’t tried it yet so if you have any good suggestion which one ( brand ) to go for in Asda please let me know @ChristinaT

@Coup is our resident undutched cacao procurement expert here.

2 Likes