CHOCOLATE Poll(s)!

I doubt it’s in Asda but I wouldn’t buy one which wasn’t raw and undutched.

Jeez Louise I could murder some chocolate after reading this.

I sometimes buy Lindt 90% bars. Not sure if they’re undutched though, first I’ve heard of it.

Your Asda has an entire selection of Cacao?
My Asda doesn’t even sell plain cocoa never mind cacao.
You might need to try a health food shop, or shop online

1 Like

@ChristinaT to be honest I don’t know if Asda sell it I have never looked in there or any shop in fact. I will Google that stuff you and that nutter @Coup mentioned , thanks both :smiley:

Seen these 2

That eBay one is dead cheap for a whole kilo. I wonder if it’s any good.

This is the one @Coup mentioned.

I bought my Raw Chocolate Company cacao on Amazon.

1 Like

There are plenty good quality cacao powders to choose from.
If it states Raw, Organic and Natural (or Non Alkalised) then it will be undutched.
The latest batch I bought was Natures Heart - it was on offer at £4.99 for 600g. It’s delicious.

1 Like

This one @Bee ?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raw-Chocolate-Company-Organic-Powder/dp/B0168UX2AK

I’ve not seen or heard of the PinkSun brand before. I see it’s for sale on both eBay and Amazon but nowhere else.
If it is what it says it is on the packet, then that’s good value.
There are others in the same price range so it’s not so cheap as to be suspicious.
It’s hard to know for sure though… personally I go for more well known brands (not that that’s any guarantee that it is what it says it is either though I suppose! Remember the olive oil scam and Filipo Berio?!)

1 Like

That’s the one @Ian42

:woman_facepalming:t3: @Ian42

2 Likes

how does chocolate compare to mint chocolate ? i just got a bag of mint choc and it is too sweet for me, anyone who has tried both that can tell me how they compare ?

the chocolate is less minty.

4 Likes

The chocolate is indeed less minty :woman_facepalming:t3: great help there @hunzas :laughing:

I find the chocolate is less sweet than the mint-choc but all the flavoured premixes are too sweet in my opinion.

Adding cacao powder to the mint-choc and leaving it in the fridge overnight once made, will reduce the sweetness a lot.

I prefer to buy unflavoured unsweetened and add the flavour boosts which are sweetened with stevia rather than sucralose and seem less sweet to my personal taste buds.
Or just add cacao to the UU instead of the flavour boosts if you don’t want any sweetness at all.

1 Like

At first I liked the chocolate flavour but it has a weird sweet aftertaste, like artificial. My last order was mostly U/U and 1 vainilla pouch.

The transformation to the dark side its almost completed

1 Like

The chocolate seems more ovaltiney to me.

1 Like

That’s a good way to describe it. I don’t think it’s very chocolatey but it’s still nice.

1 Like

I agree it’s addictive. Huel in general and especially the chocolate version. :slight_smile:
I’m now going to try the new banana premix though. I’m trying to quit all caffeine and chocolate (since they’re similar substances and otherwise I just end up consuming more cocoa and chocolate whenever I cut down on coffee, or vice versa, until I’m back at square one :-S ).
I was planning to order the toffee and caramel flavour pouches but now they’re going to be discontinued apparently. :’( I guess I’ll stick to carob powder for now.