Christmas Pudding Flavoured Huel is on sale now!

Spot on! The citrus isn’t quite so prominent in our flavour, but certainly the dried fruit and brandy/alcohol with spices! Love that you had to Google Christmas Pudding! What do you eat for pudding in America?

We are working on getting Christmas Pud to Germany! Just need to do a bit of translation!

I’ll be brave and give it a go! We’re pie and cookie people in the US. If Huel were American, you’d probably be releasing a Pumpkin Spice edition to celebrate both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Tim, my subscription’s next order is next week. Is it possible to exchange some normal bags with christmas pudding bags to avoid extra delivery fees?

I actually made a pumpkin and apple crumble with Huel in the topping last week…twas lovely. Unfortunately, while in the UK pumpkin carving is taking off, eating the flesh isn’t. I love pumpkin soup/pie and also made a pumpkin style hummous.

1 Like

Hi Huel,

I really like the vanilla version - but when I once ordered a flavour pouch I didn’t like the taste at all, because I don’t like the artificial sweetener and it’s way more prominent than in the vanilla flavour.
Could you tell me if this christmas pouch flavour leans to the vanilla sweetness, or is it like the flavour pouches?

Thank you in advance!

@Bert_Villa we use stevia is the flavour pouches which is a natural sweetener. Whereas, we use sucralose an artificial sweetener in the vanilla version.

This is the tricky thing for us, people say they want natural sweeteners but in general they prefer the taste of sucralose. We have done a lot of taste testing and Sucralose always wins over stevia.

Christmas Pudding uses sucralose as the sweetener so I think you will like it.

1 Like

My order turned up this morning and I’m happy to say that it tastes really good! The aftertaste is very similar to that of my mother’s home made mince pies. So now I can kinda have a taste of home while away from home :slight_smile:

Overall a great addition to the festivities this year. Thanks for producing this :smile:

2 Likes

Tastes so good

1 Like

If this sells well, will the idea be to do this every year? It would really instil good habits over the holiday season if something so healthy can become a bit of a tradition. Gives something to look forward to guilt-free!

Love the idea! Who knows what we could do for next year? We tried gingerbread this year too, however it just didn’t hit the spot and was more ginergery rather than gingerbread.

What are you thinking? Or just bring out the Christmas Pudding every year?

Brussels Sprouts flavour.

1 Like

I haven’t yet tried the Christmas pud flavour (being delivered today), but if it is good, and it is the best you have come up with, even just making that available annually would be great.

So much of looking forward to Christmas is about looking forward to unhealthy things to eat (with the exception of Brussels sprouts). It would be good to look forward to the taste of something healthy for a change.

1 Like

So, not wanting to pay for return postage, I tried blending 50g of v1.2 with 50g of this in 500ml of water. The taste was a bit too bland, so I also added a heaped teaspoon of instant coffee.

It tastes pretty damned good, like a milky coffee from Starbucks with one of their special additional flavours . But the thing that has really taken me by surprise is the texture, it’s perfect! Consistently smooth, as if I’m drinking creamy full fat milk, but still very much a liquid, not the overly thick mixture of v2.1 on it’s own.

I have a horrible feeling I’ll be alone on this but, ignoring the taste factor because I usually buy UU, if the next version of Huel has this texture and consistency, I’ll be a customer for life. It’s smooth, easy to drink, and feels like a totally natural product.

[edit] This could get pretty fattening, I’m going to have another one.

1 Like

This sounds excellent.

Do you think you can fit more Huel in a given volume because of this? I notice that I can generally fit around 200 g of Huel’s competitors in my shaker, versus only 100 g of Huel.

Hey Tim,

thank you for your reply and the generel transparency. I dont want to waste your time but how are the chances of getting a few pouches of this interesting flavour to germany before christmas?

Niklas, I will message you!

I like the Xmas pudding flavour, but I still prefer good old regular vanilla. Just my personal preference :slight_smile:

I have yet to try it. I will be prepping some tonight for tomorrow and feedback then. The Huel doesn’t smell too strong of Christmas pud, but i tested a bit of dry powder and it certainly does…so will see how good it is tomorrow.

I too hope I prefer vanilla…cos I don’t wanna have to eat Christmas Pud al year round.

1 Like

So Christmas Pudding is a winner for me. Not exactly like the real thing, and it reminds me of a vegan Christmas cake mixture I made a few years ago (the taste before it was actually cooked); it is the Christmas spice flavours causing this.

Also the consistency is definitely runnier in the batch I have than it is in my other versions (as Jay also said). I’ve made a couple of batches and there are no lumps at all, whereas I do have small lumps in my normal Huel meals…I actually like lumps in it…

Now that Julian mentioned instant coffee in another thread, and Jay suggested it in this too, I may go down that route and add it to this as well…just to see…ned to go buy some Millicano first tho.

Just to clarify, that was when blended in a 50/50 split with v1.2.