CoronaVirus emergency consideration

You gonna be alright, Phil? I know a lot of non-essential surgery is being cancelled all around the world, but I guess yours is not that.

Thanks David, Yes I’m alright - it’s another one related to the big C - these days they don’t mess around with biopsies and tests for any suspected issues with me due to my history, so go straight for removal then do the testing on the tissue afterwards.

1 Like

Argh, well at least they won’t fuck about. All the best with it, mate.

Cheers – it’s all good. If nothing else, these periods of surgeries force me to focus and be stricter on my health and diet more than ever, so my grocery shopping has been restricted really to essentials only and the rest moving more to Huel. Plus, I have a nice view at home to relax and recover faster than I can at hospital. :wink:

5 Likes

Someone posted on Reddit about how panic buying is a version of the Prisoner’s Dilemma.

As with the Prisoner’s Dilemma, the best option for society as a whole is not the best option for the individual, but the best option for society only works if everyone cooperates. Panic buying only works for an individual if nobody else had already panic bought everything. But the problem is, as with prisoners who cannot communicate with each other their intention to cooperate for the greater good, shoppers cannot communicate with all other shoppers to all agree not to panic buy. Even if the majority refrain from panic buying, if a minority panic buys, that spoils it for everyone, even for the people who have been panic buying, because the society around them falls apart. It’s a lose-lose situation unless we are able to all agree not to panic buy.

5 Likes

The background looks like a 3d model

haha - just some pretty aggressive HDR lighting used on the photo :slight_smile: here it is with some more natural morning lighting

1 Like

Seems to be issues with people deciding lockdowns don’t apply to them in many countries. I was reading a report that of 73,000 people stopped in Italy to check whether they had a genuine reason to not be in their homes, 40,000 were in breach of quarantine. This included one guy with confirmed infection, one who said he was outside because of continuous arguments with his spouse which meant he couldn’t stay in and one guy in Turin trying to find a prostitute at 2am :joy:
That report came from the Guardian. Assuming it’s true then once again I have to question how people can be so idiotic.

There was also a guy who got caught playing Pokemon go.

1 Like

Where I am is a ghost town during the day compared to normal, but every evening from 6pm half the pubs are full.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more enforcement.

Unrelated I’m sure, but I was reading the other day that 10,000 troops have been brought back to the UK from abroad.

London will be first I bet.

Here’s what’s occurring

They also cover electromagnetic radiation’s devastating effects on the immune systems of the elderly

I’ll give it a listen when I’ve more time, but I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t mention 5G.

1 Like

I don’t have one bit of mental bandwidth spare to waste on that twat.

2 Likes

Nor me, sometimes he’s funny though.

1 Like

My parents have been similar. They’re not used to being at home and it’s driving them crazy. They keep saying they’ll just pop to the shops, and I’m like nope, not happening.

I can’t work from home but the longer this goes on the more I’m beginning to think I should move somewhere in case I inadvertently infect them.

1 Like

I’ve just dug out my best protective mask. It may not prevent coronavirus but it will help with social distancing.

2 Likes

:point_up:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers!
Hard times here, hope that you are fine!
Stay safe!

2 Likes