Different system

Hi all,

So I have been using Huel as in 3 scoops breakfast and lunch then a healthy meal for dinner but find I am still hungry after the shakes so in the long run although I am eating healthy snacks, overall its still more calories.

So as from tomorrow I am going to try 1 scoop pre cross fit, then have the 2 scoops post workout then 2 for lunch. IF I feel hungry (where at most I have an egg or something involving protein) then at least its within calorie range. I always thought that I wouldn’t go hungry after 3 scoops but I do…

Anyone else have that problem?


1 Like

Hello Kitten17,

I have been taking 2 scoops Huel at breakfast, either with prunes blended into it, pineapple or blueberries. I also add I tsp of C8MCT Oil. The oil increases ketones and promotes satiety, therefore you eat less automatically. It’s making a big difference to my constant ‘healthy snacking’ - I just don’t feel the inclination throughout the day anymore.

Damien Blankenslopp who owns the company is very accessible via email and provided me with advice on using the Oil to best effect. -

  1. 1 tablespoon at the beginning of the day to promote ketones and satiety from the start of the day. E.g. in your coffee. This is the most important dose to take because testing shows that ketones tend to be lowest at the beginning of the day for most people. So taking the oil at breakfast is the right thing to do.
  2. Take a second dose at lunch.
  3. Take a third dose in afternoon if you typically get hungry in afternoon or you are very hungry at evening meal. This dose should be taken before 4pm (important).

Hope this helps you! X

Thankyou for a great response .

Will certainly let you know :smile:

K x

Is C8MCT Oil just coconut oil, or is there more stuff added to it, do you know?

Hi, twrist.

Info provided by the seller - The oil is designed to be just one ingredient: Caprylic (C8 MCT).
However, in reality, it is not possible to have 100% purity of C8 MCT through current production technology. Nonetheless, the KetoPerformance oil is the highest purity known on the market today at 99.3% of the oil being Caprylic Acid (C8 MCT). The remainder 0.7% is mostly C10 MCT (Capric Acid) and water.
There are two original vegetable sources used to make this oil: coconut oil and sustainable palm oil/ palm kernel oil. The reason these two are used is that they are the two highest natural sources of C8 MCT (Caprylic Acid).
The oil is not manufactured in the UK. It is manufactured in an EU facility which is FDA registered and complies with the relevant EU food regulations relating to food quality and additional standards such as vegan, non-GMO etc.

If you ask a question via his Amazon page, Damien Blenkinsopp seems more than happy to respond almost immediately.