Do you want Sodium Fluoride to be added to Huel? (poll inside)

Correct. At the right (or in this case, wrong) dose.

1 Like

So we are saying that the amount of sugar in Huel makes it poisonous now too? I can’t keep up.

It’s almost as if the new Huel users would be better off having a fry up for breakfast, KFC for lunch and McDonald’s for an evening meal and would actually be healthier, if you read this forum at least.

4 Likes

No.

No.

No.

1 Like

Really must make a Pot Huedle

1 Like

Thoughts??

The paper it is referring to does not actually have any new research in it. Having a browse through it shows that it has grouped some studies together and then come to the conclusion that there is not enough evidence at current Australian water fluoridation levels, which is lower than what you get from 100% Huel.

2 Likes

Can’t even open that on my phone as that site shows a full screen scam/advert without a way to close it.

Make one version with and one without, or just remove it. This is a BIG deal for many people and a lot of potential customers will be lost if you keep Fluoride in as they (me included) see it as a poison. People who want fluoride can easily get it anyway, and it’s not a nutrient. Do not ruin this by making such a controversial choice that splits people into 2 camps… Please remove asap. Don’t try to “save the world”, just concentrate on being the best meal replacement in a wholesome way that everyone likes. please…

2 Likes

Please stop adding fluoride to Huel, it is controversial and has no nutritional benefit so has no right to be there. 100% RDA of fluoride from only 2000 calories of Huel is probably dangerous - the stuff is cumulative and some of us consume more than that amount of Huel a day, plus we get fluoride from drinking water and food, with tea containing large amounts of it.

5 Likes

My guestimate is that the fluoride will be removed in v2.1.

Interestingly, this just popped up in one of my feeds:

Study on fluoride.

That’s as it maybe, but I still don’t want it in my food when I get plenty from my water, tea and if i need more I can get it from toothpaste.

Oh I agree, I think it’s unnecessary, and would be better without. But I think people shouting about “poison” are going way over the top about it.

2 Likes

Oops, I clicked yes by mistake. Clicking no did nothing as it was already highlighted, so I clicked yes thinking I could then click no before submitting, but it registered a yes.

@Kizeree Who says your get plenty from your water?

Like with most thing stats are difficult but everything I’ve seen indicates that the vast majority do not get enough fluoride in water.

Just over 6.1 million people in the UK receive water with a fluoride content, whether naturally occurring or added. This means that about 10% of the total population is supplied with optimally fluoridated water. The extent of water fluoridation in the UK

Around 10% of the population of the United Kingdom receives fluoridated water,[81] about half a million people receive water that is naturally fluoridated with calcium fluoride, and about 6 million total receive fluoridated water.[88] Water fluoridation by country - Wikipedia

WHO seem to provide recommendations for the amount of fluoride that should be present in drinking water. Their recommendation is 1.5 mg per litre of water. http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/chemicals/fluoride.pdf

According to this page virtually no areas of the UK have 1.5mg per litre.

I live in North Tyneside. “Parts of the country with fluoridation schemes include Cumbria, Cheshire, Tyneside and Northumbria”

Only 5% of the worlds population get flouridated water. The rest (the percentage with water) seem to be doing just fine without it. You’re giving the impression that flouridated water is a common, standard practice. It’s not.

1 Like

To put fluoride in the water to help those who eat too many sugary foods and lack proper oral hygiene, is a bit like putting some kind of deodorant chemical in the water for people who don’t shower.

3 Likes

“doing just fine without it” but would we be doing better with it in terms of teeth condition. The EU which we follow pretty much for all other micro nutrient RDAs seem to think, based on a lot of research, we would be better with it. They recommend 27 vitamins and minerals, and fluoride was the only one we were missing.

2 Likes

@Marcus do you have any fillings?