Do you want Sodium Fluoride to be added to Huel? (poll inside)

Thanks for that. This Vexx is a lot better by the looks of it, no dodgy chemicals that can cause problems if over used. Gonna order some.

Wow, that post was pure QVC.

I wonder how they get away with filling a TV channel entirely with adverts. I wonder who watches that stuff. Whose got that much free time that theyā€™re like, ā€œThereā€™s nothing on all the other channels, Iā€™ve watched everything on YouTube, all my friends are at work, and Iā€™ve somehow got spare money to spend. Come on, sell me stuff.ā€ Bored wives with rich husbands? No, you donā€™t need new makeup or earrings. Youā€™ve got enough already. Start a new hobby, take up painting or something, and give your spare money to charity.

2 Likes

I Just started using Huel, I love the taste and it works well for me. Sadly though, due to the added flouride I wouldnā€™t purchase it again.

1 Like

All the more for meeeee

I really hope it gets removed. Some people are very strongly opposed to ingesting fluoride. While the dose makes the poison, it is best used as a rinse to be spit out. Adding it to water dates far far back and those trends are being reversed. To be honest, when I saw it on the ingredients list I felt betrayed. I couldnā€™t imagine someone would put this in my food.

4 Likes

Same here. Iā€™ve been using Huel now since it came out and have lost all faith in the product .Iā€™ve still got some bags left in stock that I will be using up but have just taken delivery of one of the rival makes.

2 Likes

Well I just voted NO to this. I have just ordered a week supply to try it and I didnā€™t read this until after Iā€™d ordered. While it wonā€™t stop me using the weekā€™s supply, it would put me off using Huel longer term.

BTW, I get the basic argument for adding, if its an inorganic chemical with no nutritional benefit then I donā€™t see how it needs to be added to make Huel anymore nutriotionally complete?

2 Likes

Fluoride is in a lot of things. If you would only consume Huel without fluoride and nothing else but distilled water then you might have a lack of it. I wouldnā€™t worry about it.

I ordered 28 bags and if I would have known, I wouldnā€™t have.

I expect Huel to be safe to use, not somewhere on the edge of something.

I use vegan fluoride free tooth paste.

In any supermarket itā€™s HARD to find fluoride free tooth paste.

In many countries, fluoride is added to the water supplies, which means it gets in everything.

We should grow to a known-safe recipe, not a maybe-safe one.

I was looking forward to using Huel everyday, all day.

Now itā€™s going to be one every so many days, as not to overdose on Fluoride.

PS: fluoride is not necessary for your teeth.
Saliva produces health repairing enzymes.
If you have a lot of sugars in your mouth then they cannot do their work properly, thatā€™s why they sell fluoride, to fix a poison with another poison.

:frowning:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been happily drinking Huel in addition to my regular meals for about a year now with the aim of gaining weight. Like most Huel customers I get enough vitamins elsewhere and certainly enough flouride from my tap water and toothpaste. Iā€™m worried that Iā€™ll end up taking too many vitamins and especially too much flouride if I carry on drinking huel. Iā€™m not a bro scientist. Iā€™m just a person that associated flouride with toothpaste andouthwash that you are definitely not supposed to swallow. So I think Iā€™m going to wait, and hope you remove it before I carry on. Like many previously happy customers I have told a lot of people about Huel but I donā€™t think I feel the same about it any more and I donā€™t think I can recommend the new product. Isnā€™t there a risk that word of mouth will reduce and we could risk losing this product that we all really want? Perhaps the product needs to be tailored to different markets.

6 Likes

This is probably untrue. I suspect most Huel customers do not get enough vitamins elsewhere. Many, many people use Huel because it is nutritiously complete, unlike their previous diet. (The other top two reasons for using Huel is convenience, and affordability).

I think you have deeper issues if you believe that sugar is poison.

1 Like

I have always lightheartedly referred to sugar as a poison and one of the main reasons I was drawn to Huel was due to the extremely low sugar content.

I find sugar addictive, and when it is in my diet I find myself craving more & more. Maybe it isnā€™t a poison, perhaps I should call it a drug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Without carbs and sugar youā€™d be dead.

2 Likes

Everything is poisonous at certain quantities. In context, sugar is poison to your mouth system when you look at the sugar content of most consumables nowadays. Fluoride in toothpaste is added for dealing with the symptoms.

By coincidence, this article appeared in my social media earlier:

Has it been confirmed it will be removed in version 2.1? I am really put off Huel as a long term choice now after reading this.

1 Like

Yes, that is true in terms of what goes on inside your body, but that doesnā€™t mean you need to eat sugar or carbs. Itā€™s quite possible to survive without eating them, as the body creates sugar from the other food it digests.

So to add to the list of things that are poison is sugar. And water. And food. All of it.

2 Likes