Do you want Sodium Fluoride to be added to Huel? (poll inside)

What did it taste like?

No. Using the data from that link you provided youā€™ve got it wrong. The upper value in that area is limited by the NHS to 1.5mg/l but the minimum value they detected in actual samples was 0.15mg/l (ten times lower than the NHS limit and the maximum value detected in all of all of those samples was 0.78mg/ml (less than half the limit) which means that nobody in that area is getting anywhere near to even close to half the 1.5mg/l limit at all.

1 Like

Fair enough, I misread the spreadsheet, after all, I am only young (dude, Iā€™m 35, I am not young). I still do not want fluoride in Huel. It is not a necessary nutrient. It does not belong in Huel.

Iā€™m quite agnostic when it comes to adding fluoride to Huel, but have no issue with it. But many posters in the various Huel vs Fluoride threads on here have said that they donā€™t want fluoride added to Huel because the amount of fluoride in their tap water pushes them into some ā€œtoxicā€ level because but it would appear that they have misunderstood that theyā€™re not actually getting anywhere near that level in their tap water alone so it would be best to have a brief fact check. And for those who drink tea, and have done for years, theyā€™ve probably already been getting massive levels over what they thought was ā€˜safeā€™ before anyway.

2 Likes

I said no because the 3.6 mg of unwanted Sodium Fluoride could be filled with more of something else. :smiley:

1 Like

And because I drink a lot of tea Iā€™d rather avoid fluoride consumption elsewhere so still donā€™t want it in Huel. I love tea, tea is life, all praise be to teaā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m more concerned with the amount of tea in fluoride :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m concerned that thereā€™s too many macro and micro nutrients in my new vanilla flavoured mouthwash. Iā€™m drinking whole bottles of it rather than just washing my mouth out with a cap full and then spitting it out.

1 Like

I now do a cold water extraction of supermarket multivitamin tablets as Iā€™m concerned that the calcium carbonate which is used as a filler could give me bones which are too strong when I actually like breaking limbs as my health insurance policy pays me Ā£150 for each complete day Iā€™m admitted to an NHS hospital.

1 Like

Pulve seems to be dead : https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=592430337592971&id=489662411203098
For me, the best alternative to Huel is Stoner Shake : https://stonershake.com/ (like Huel : real food + vitamins/minerals).
The powders made of 100% real foods (Nutberg, Bertrand, Trinkkost, Ambronite) are too expensive.

1 Like

Maybe the powders made without 100% whole foods are cheap crap made from agribusiness/government subsidized ingredients? Itā€™s all relative. Itā€™s unfortunate that nutritious food is deemed to be expensive. You get what you pay for and your health ought to be very valuable to you. Having said that Stoner Shake doesnā€™t look too bad. Thanks.

Sure, youā€™re right. I was just saying.
Here is another powder, with the same profile (real food + vitamins/minerals added) : Vexx http://vexx.eu

2 Likes

Ā£164.99 does seem rather steep, tbh.

Love this quote

ā€œStonerShake has been created by stoners for stoners, with :heart:ā€

So funny.

I canā€™t seem to find a nutrition breakdown?

Are searching for that? https://stonershake.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/StonerShake-Recipe-Changelog.pdf

3 Likes

When one is in the grips of the most enormous whitey the prospect of measuring out StonerShake, putting in the right amount of water, transporting it to a blender, decanting it into something youā€™re not going to injure yourself with and then drinking it would be far beyond mortals like me.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have not come across that one before and it looks perfect. I will investigate it some more.

2 Likes

Thank you. Stonershake looks to be twice the price of Huel, but given that Iā€™ve just cancelled my subscription, it might make for a good replacement until Huel reverts back to a gum arabic blend. I hate to go elsewhere, I really do, but the new batch is undrinkable (it even smells bad in the bag).

2 Likes

Exactly! I bought 8 bags and didnā€™t notice the Flouride added! Why 100% Flouride?? Why not like 20% or something or none at all! Dam I wanted to take 2800 cals of Huel and the rest meals because I weight lift. If I take that much huel and everything else I will be 250%+ over the EU RDA. Itā€™s a joke!

3 Likes

Thanks, will check these out! :slight_smile: