Expired sealed bags - would you eat it?

Hi Huelers,

I’ve just found an old bag hiding behind my more recent orders. Unopened, expiration 07/17. I normally take a liberal approach to expiration dates, but would appreciate views/ experiences in this area. How far past the expiration date have you continued to consume unopened bags?

(Huel team, I know the official advice would be to chuck it out, but I live outside the distribution zone and this bag is precious.)

Thanks!

Would chug that no question if it’d been sealed. I have a 5KG bag of opened Scottish oats in my cupboard, they expired in November but are still fine. I have two scoops before the gym every Monday at 5am. Seen no issues at all.

Note: I’m one of those people who will eat anything and go purely by smell/taste for whether it’s gone off or not… Your mileage may vary…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t think twice about eating it. Sure it’ll be fine!

1 Like

Be sound that.

1 Like

I’d risk it for a biscuit.

4 Likes

Thanks all, I appreciate your wisdom. Will report back in a month or so.

Anyone know who went for seven months in the expired by expired sweepstake? :crossed_fingers:

I’d eat it after 10 years mate, huel is life.

3 Likes

Speaking purely from a consumer perspective, I reckon the main issue would be micronutrients. I assume that there must be some degradation in micronutrients. Godspeed to you!

1 Like

Happy to report that I am still alive. Eight-months-expired Huel tastes the same and hasn’t caused any negative side effects. Happy to take the hit on micronutrients.

Verdict: expired Huel is vastly superior to no Huel.

9 Likes

Like your live life on the edge style :grinning:

My stash of Huel bars v1.0 expired around October last year but they’re still tasty as ever :yum:

1 Like

You’re going to love the v2 bars if you haven’t tried already :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got those too, still in date as well which is a nice bonus :yum: