Fat food culture - progress updates!

Use a bike stand or bike resistance trainer for use with your own bike indoors. They themselves are not very big, so you store them away after use (so no need to keep a spinning monster in your living room). Alternatively you can use “rollers” which are even more minimalistic than the bicycle trainers, but apparently take some getting used to.

I don’t have a bike right now, I can only use the ones at the gym. There is no space at my house to lock it up securely overnight. I live on top floor flat! :frowning:

Sprint up and down your staircase for half an hour whilst holding two bags of Huel above your head, that’ll be a good workout everyday :grinning:

Bromley bike?

I know you say that you don’t want to do weights, but feeling yourself getting stronger is amazing, and I would highly recommend at least giving them a go! Even if you just get a cheap set of weights and get a few sets in while watching tv!

@alllowercase Thank you for all your updates. It sounds like you’ve been making steady, but consistent and healthy progress to achieve your weight loss goals as well as finding a community of people that understand, that you seem like you were lacking at work.

Have your colleagues stopped asking questions about it and have you managed to resist the work temptations?

Keep it up, you’re doing fantastically well and as @JJMC said:[quote=“JJMC, post:3, topic:2594”]
Don’t be afraid to be a leader and not a follower.
[/quote]

1 Like

I’ve always found lunch at the office to be the hardest meal to prepare for. Even the “healthy” ready meals are full of so much crap that they make be feel bad as i unwrap them for the microwave. I never had breakfast on workdays and started steadily gaining weight as soon as I left school.

When people asked me about Huel at work, I explained it as best I could and I got a lot of unexpectedly unfriendly comments from people who are usually very friendly. I ignored their reactions because I understand that they probably just see it as unsociable and they clearly didn’t believe that I could be healthy without eating the same stuff they do.

Well, they believe me now. My advice to you is to ignore the criticism and forgive the ignorance. Given enough time, they will see with their own eyes how much happier and livelier you feel with proper nutrition, regardless of your weight. Some of them might even apologise and compliment you on your success.

2 Likes

Checkin in for my usual Thursday progress update.

19/5/16 10 stone 11 lb
27/5/16 10 stone 8.4 lb
2/6/16 10 stone 7.4lb
09/06/16 10 stone 5lb.
16/06/2016 10 stone 7.4lb.

It is disheartening to see the number go back up but I can understand why it has happened. On Friday 10th June we had a party for a colleague’s retirement which involved a 3 course meal and some cocktails. On the Saturday and Sunday i was taking care of my brothers kids (two 4 year old boys) and I ate whatever they ate, and running around after them I just consumed whatever was quick to put in my mouth. Monday was a friends birthday lunch, with bubble tea and cream cakes! Finally, I normally deposit in the loo before I weigh but I haven’t been able to yet today, so I might have an extra lb of waste or water to drop off later on.

I’m disheartened but not discouraged. ON to the next week with renewed vigor!

@TimOfficeHuel work colleagues don’t criticize my huel anymore. I don’t have it for all 5 lunches, maybe 2-3 lunches.I told them how many lb I went down and that got a positive response. My fiancé still turns his nose up at it but he’s a fussy eater at the best of times and doesn’t like fish, vegetable or anything he hasn’t seen before. I forced him to try it and he did his usual exaggerated “BLERGH I’m choking and dying!” response so I left him to his pizza and bacon frazzles…

The weight loss is not visible yet, but my skin, hair and nails are all better.

1 Like

Thanks for the progress report. Perhaps you could take a pouch of Huel with you next time to look after your brother’s kids? No need to worry about the party as we always need some time off!