Finally Found Something That Works!

After lurking on the forum for a while I thought I’d finally share my newbie experience.

Here’s a little bit of background to my Huel story.

I’m a 40 something female and whilst I’ve always been pretty active I struggle a little with eating correctly for all the sporty things I tend to get up to and so most of the time it’s convenient junk at the wrong time.

At the start of August I decided that I needed to get fit for the up and coming hockey season and that wasn’t going to happen just by going for an occasional jog so I set myself out in a bit of a fitness regime and accidentally discovered Huel via a Facebook ad (so yes Huel team, they definitely work :wink:)

Started with 2 bags of original vanilla flavour just replaced breakfast initially but on evenings where I knew I’d be out training I’d have a late afternoon shake instead of a crappy ready meal.

So…7 weeks later, I’m all subscribed to 2 bags every 5 weeks or so, on hockey training nights I don’t feel bloated or out of energy and have successfully used Huel as my pre match breakfast last weekend.

To anyone that’s thinking of trying it, it can take a bit of trial and error to find a mix/flavour etc that works for you but personally I’d say give it a go!

Finally…discovered a pretty awesome tasting shake this morning:

300ml Alpro Almond Milk, coconut flavour.
3 scoops original vanilla Huel
150ml cold brewed coffee.

Blended together last night, left in the fridge to have this morning! Taste sensation!

5 Likes

Thank you for the lovely feedback! All the best for the coming season. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve even dropped s bit of weight too just by being more mindful of what I eat.

Next year alongside hockey I’m hoping to complete some 100km walking challenges and maybe a marathon or 2, haven’t quite decided but want to set myself a target of walk/jog/running 2019 miles within the year 2019 :slightly_smiling_face:

Hoping Huel will help me with that goal :grin:

1 Like

Rather than start a new thread I thought I’d ask this in here first.

Currently I’m using around 2 bags of the original vanilla flavour every 5 weeks.

I love flavouring this with coffee particularly for my morning/breakfast shake so was also thinking of upping my order to 3 bags, 2x original vanilla and 1x coffee flavour.

So… 2 questions:

Does the coffee flavour Huel contain caffeine?
(This might have been asked but I couldn’t find anything after searching.)

Is it a strong coffee flavour? I really love strong coffee tasting things but as it stands at the moment I can get that taste hit by flavouring my original vanilla.

The main reason I ask about the caffeine is because I tend to try and avoid it after midday all bar the occasional cup of tea/coffee/coke, I think it’s iust my paranoid mind that tells me I won’t sleep well :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:

I’m considering flavouring with decaf coffee if I can find one that tastes strong enough.

Yes, 100g powder is about the same as a mug of coffee. Flavour is quite understated IMHO. Nice, but not kick like a mule.

Thanks, I think I’ll stick with original vanilla and check out decaf coffee options then.