First day back in the office, day one of my first month. Lets do this!

All ready to go, I have one vanilla and one chocolate.

After years and years of sedentary office work, snacking and dithering around, time to get my self on track and into that 2XL free t-shirt.

5 Likes

Good luck, I too am going to be making Huel the main part of my food from tomorrow, 3x 3 scoops per day plus evening meal.

1 Like

Going hard on weightloss for me. 2 scoops for breakfast, 3 for lunch and an evening meal. Tonight was veggie bolognese, novel measuring out the pasta portion!

1 Like

So its the weekend, and I slept late because I earned it :slight_smile:

Didn’t fancy a breakfast shake, and as it was nearly lunch I decided to get creative in the kitchen, huel pancakes!

5 scoops of Huel (my breakfast and lunch allowance)
2 eggs
Enough alpro almond milk to make it a batter.

Damn eating that amount of Huel is hard work in one sitting! I have enough left to make 2 more for dessert after my evening meal! Next time I am going to stick a banana in there and leave it a bit thicker to make american style thicker pancakes, rather than the UK style thinner ones. I also think some stevia might help make them a little more “like Mum makes” :slight_smile:

Week 4 update - It felt terribly decadent to eat 2 huel muffins with my coffee this morning.

Batch of 12 -
12 Scoops of Vanilla Huel
1 Egg
400ml Semi-Skimmed Milk (could be substituted for Alpro I guess, not tried it)
2 Tablespoons of Baking Powder.

Whisk the mixture up to a stiff batter/dough, leave to “prove” for about an hour on the sideboard for the baking soda to put an initial rise on the mixture. It should just about increase about 50%. Gently, so as not to knock back the rise, spoon into muffin cases. Preheat oven to 180degC (160 Fan) and bake for between 15 and 20 mins. Poke with a toothpick, if clean when removed its cooked.

As they were cooling, I pushed a single dark chocolate button into each one.

4 Likes

Sorry to have missed this thread. How is everything going?

Great to see you are getting some baking done! The muffins look epic and pancakes sounded good too. We have loads more recipes on our blog here - https://huel.com/blogs/news. Feel free to share some more inventions too :slight_smile:

Loving it, Tim, thanks for asking.

All of a sudden I now have the option to get back a couple of hours at the weekend that I would have spent prepping/shopping/etc for lunches I can now put into cooking which I enjoy. I took a lot of inspiration from the blog and recipes others have made.

The muffins have come out quite bready and savory as I haven’t added any sugar (other than the chocolate button). I have seen banana could lift the texture and would add a bit of sweetness to them. Time to experiment, cooking and baking is science after all!

They look lush. Bookmarked & thanks! This might be the first Huel recipe I try,